Current status of this plane?

Lerno1

Hey guys, I don't have the aircraft but was just wondering what peoples' experiences are with the current version of X-Plane. It doesn't look to have been updated in a while, so is there anything that desperately needs adjusting to make it work? What's missing from the aircraft; VNAV and holds?

I know the aircraft is steadily being worked on behind the scenes. Would you still consider this flyable and enjoyable with the current XP version and worth buying as it is now? Or should I wait until the updates roll around sometime in the future?

Thanks

It works well in the current version of XP.  As with all aircraft there are things that can be done to make them look and work better, but if you just want to enjoy a high quality flying experience with XP, then this is the model in my opinion.  I would like to see the FMC fully functional as I find it can cause problems if adjusted in flight, particularly VNAV, but I usually work around those problems.  Progress on updates is agonisingly slow unfortunately, but the developers are working on it and have advised that they will keep it going as XP is developed further.

I know it is expensive, but you get what you pay for.  I would recommend that you buy it sooner rather than later.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, okernel said:

It works well in the current version of XP.  As with all aircraft there are things that can be done to make them look and work better, but if you just want to enjoy a high quality flying experience with XP, then this is the model in my opinion.  I would like to see the FMC fully functional as I find it can cause problems if adjusted in flight, particularly VNAV, but I usually work around those problems.  Progress on updates is agonisingly slow unfortunately, but the developers are working on it and have advised that they will keep it going as XP is developed further.

I know it is expensive, but you get what you pay for.  I would recommend that you buy it sooner rather than later.

Cheers

Thanks for your input! I just wish this would go on sale, because I'm trying to decide what to get on Black Friday. I might as well just buy it regardless...

Can you elaborate a bit on the VNAV issues? I'm genuinely curious as to what you mean, and how you work around them.

Much has been written over the last couple of years in the forums about the model, so my experience is too narrow to give you a good feel for it. I suggest that you read or search the forums for specifics.  As for the VNAV issues, changing the FMC in flight to recalculate top of descent, for example if you are given an unexpected approach by ATC, I find often forces me to disconnect the AP and descend manually, probably not an issue for real pilots, but awkward for me.  I tend to avoid changing anything on the FMC in flight, which is quite unrealistic I would think.

Edited by okernel