P.180 Avanti II Bit of Help

forefarley

Hey guys, Love the site and the community.  I love this aircraft, I flew the old version constantly!  The latest version is so gorgeous but I am struggling with a few things and I was hoping some of the pros here could help me out so I can get back to taking it up to Mackinaw island on the weekends haha.

Firstly, I can seem to get the auto pilot working right. I had no problems with the previous version.  I have my flight plan set, I hit the flight director and it doesnt want to follow the NAV, I can get the AP to work by using the heading knob.  Also I set the AP for 10k, I verify its set for 10k and also a certain Airspace or .Mach but the flight director doesnt seem to grab either of these.  I followed the checklist and manuals but I just cant seem to get it.

I know its vague but I am a weekend warrior so if anyone could help a casual out I would really apprecaite it.

Have a great weekend fellas.

On 5/4/2019 at 10:20 PM, forefarley said:

Hey guys, Love the site and the community.  I love this aircraft, I flew the old version constantly!  The latest version is so gorgeous but I am struggling with a few things and I was hoping some of the pros here could help me out so I can get back to taking it up to Mackinaw island on the weekends haha.

Firstly, I can seem to get the auto pilot working right. I had no problems with the previous version.  I have my flight plan set, I hit the flight director and it doesnt want to follow the NAV, I can get the AP to work by using the heading knob.  Also I set the AP for 10k, I verify its set for 10k and also a certain Airspace or .Mach but the flight director doesnt seem to grab either of these.  I followed the checklist and manuals but I just cant seem to get it.

I know its vague but I am a weekend warrior so if anyone could help a casual out I would really apprecaite it.

Have a great weekend fellas.

First of all, the support thread for the Avanti is here:

Anyway, have in mind that for the autopilot to follow the FMS plan, a few things are needed.

1. Set the FMS as the NAV/BRG source.avanti1.thumb.jpg.3a7af01a16855e363d8306dc76a5c548.jpgt
  2. Turn on FD (1) and select NAV (2). You must see on the PFD Autopilot Annunciation the FMS indication in the lateral field (3). avanti2.thumb.jpg.bbac6a983226f76b1ac23417c353d650.jpg
  3. Set the vertical mode you like...
  4. Fly! Should follow your flight plan perfectly.   

Edited by airfighter