Australian International Airshow

Simmo W

Hey, I've decided to go to our Airshow that is held every 2 yrs.

http://www.airshow.net.au/avalon2011/index.html

Our 5yo first officer couldn't make it, so I wasn't going to go.

But- I just heard that the F-22 Raptor is coming! So I'll go anyway. I'd go just to see that up close.

I've realized that I'll enjoy it so much more now, since my xplane experiences and all the great devs' work. Ha, I'm even excited at seeing the U.S. T-6C Texan.

Maybe I'll see some of u there, pm me if you'd like to catch up. Happy to take any pictures of any aircraft that spike your attention.

Just took delivery of some Binaural microphones, so I'm hoping to get some good recordings of the flypasts.

Shame that I'll be in the USA because I'd love to attend  :-\ Flight shows are always so fun! on another note, Simon are you going to the Paris Air Show in June?

Ooh yeah, I'd love to! Unfortunately I'm having my yacht in Monaco refitted that week, alas that's a higher priority  ;)

It either pisses down with rain all day there, or is 40c stinking hot and I get sunstroke! Never forget one year, me and a mate watched the whole show from under the shade of a B52 wing! A good peaceful use of one.

Shame that I'll be in the USA because I'd love to attend  :-\ Flight shows are always so fun! on another note, Simon are you going to the Paris Air Show in June?

Ooh yeah, I'd love to! Unfortunately I'm having my yacht in Monaco refitted that week, alas that's a higher priority  ;)

It either pisses down with rain all day there, or is 40c stinking hot and I get sunstroke! Never forget one year, me and a mate watched the whole show from under the shade of a B52 wing! A good peaceful use of one.

Ah cmon Simon, France during the summer can be great  :D! Have fun getting your yacht refitted  ;) and have fun at the Australian Int Airshow!

Wow, a fine but hot day. Turned up late, but saw more statics than I thought. Actually spent awhile in the GA area, after xplane teaching me to appreciate these more.

The F22 up close, the reflections off the surface were beautiful. Attack dogs, police swarming everywhere. The crew said no flying display as the display pilot was not available. I tried to offer my services!

5502063300_09be7482cb.jpg

Standing under the wing of the B1 bomber was an experience!

5502065384_aa50e3f35b.jpg

Seeing the Corvalis up close, she's got nice curves

5502074080_7cca98da8e.jpg

More pics, with better quality, in the near future.