resizing x-plane window

hobofat

Note: I've done a full search of the .org for a solution, but the only pieces of advice offered (RTFM and reset preferences) have not worked for me.  I don't dare ask there as the automated "old-timer" response system will undoubtedly point me in the direction of aforesaid already read manual.

I'm trying to resize my x-plane window.  Normally I just use the "full-screen" mode option, however, I'm trying to work through a pdf tutorial and only have one monitor (a laptop actually) and switching in and out is a pain.  Apparently you can resize the X-plane window via clicking and dragging the lower right hand corner, but this does not work for me.

My laptop resolution is at 1366 x 768.  I've tried different resolutions, to no avail.  I've moved my windows toolbar out of the way to make sure I could click the corner, no go.  I'm using the latest version of X-Plane, 9.67.  Any advice appreciated.

http://www.x-plane.com/pg_Sys_reqs.html

The minimum resolution is 1024X768. It wont shrink further.

I'm trying to increase the size of the window to fill the screen without using the "fullscreen" option so I can leave my windows toolbar uncovered to rapidly switch back and forth between sim and documents.  When I uncheck "fullscreen" in the rendering options the X-Plane window shrinks down to 1024x768 and I can neither move the X-Plane window or resize it.  If my explanation is not quite clear I can take a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

I think the quickest way of going about that would be to simply use Alt-Tab to switch between programs. As for having the missing toolbar, I assume thats because although it may only be 10px (or whatever) high, since the max res of your screen is the same as the minimum res to run XP, even relinquishing those 10px would put you below the minimum...if that makes sense.

drag your mouse to the bottom left corner and then drag. that should resize it  :D

Thanks for the responses.  That is exactly what's not working.  It won't let me click the corner and drag.  @gil: The X-Plane toolbar is there, I was referencing the bottom menu bar of Windows 7 itself.