Give me ideas! I have officially ran out!

liv4deth95

What plugin would you like for x-plane?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What plugin would you like for x-plane?

• FS Passengers like plugin
    • Airport Services
    • A copilot plugin in Ivao (not only direct IP)
    • A tree collision plugin (object collision)
    • better clouds (3D clouds system)

• 3 weeks later...

an FSpassengers like plugin (with airplane maintenance)

A services at airport plugin

A loading directly from google earth the photos plugin (not making first)

A tree collision plugin (object collision)

A any-sound with datarefs play plugin

A better particles visual system plugin

A better clouds (3D clouds system)

A copilot plugin in Ivao (not only direct IP)

lots of them!!  :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

A penlight plugin. When I start cold at night, finding the battery switch often involves briefly donning the night vision goggles (plots rarely have these in the real world). Solution: click on your keychain penlight via key command or plugins drop down menu. Now you have a bluish L.E.D. (or color of your choice) beam that illuminates a user determined radius around the mouse pointer anywhere on the panel. It must work in the 3D pit though.

Regards

Zach

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Great idea, more ideas! What about a really decent incidental sounds plugin ( I've seen one, but not that great), for in flight chatter, rustling of charts,  passenger sounds, trolley clinking, flight attendants bitching, even ground crew comms? Even a basic crew compartment air ventilation sond might add to that feeling of claustrophobia

• 4 months later...

I dream of a plugin that would fail the engine, if abused, like overrevved, overheated, overtorqued and so on. The more severe the abuse, the quicker the failure - f.e. you could have the torque in yellow for max. 5 minutes, before something wrong happens, but crossing redline would mean seconds to failure. There should be separate limits for given gauges. With that you should be really paying attention to all these engine instruments :)

I don't see how this would be a big deal to do. There should be a simple init file that is

text editable. You enter a dataref, a range, and a duration in seconds. Then a consequence dataref and value. Maybe something like this:

item_fail:sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_prop:279|281:120:sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_running:0
item_fail:sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_prop:>281:>5:sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_running:0

I'm not a programmer, so forgive me if the potential complexity of such a plugin is lost on me.

Zach

I'm not a programmer too, but as I understand it, the problem lies in making X-Plane to do, what the user wants it to do. I don't believe, that simple putting a text file would suffice. That's why I thought of a plugin, as a mean of telling the sim, how to use the values from the init file.

Init file would be useful in specifying limits for a given aircraft. Theoretically, the plugin could extract these limits from acf file itself, but unfortunately not all aircraft have them set up properly - if at all. I imagine the overall design of such plugin, as a further enchancement into the realism and a feature integrated in a similar way, as Goodway aircraft performance files.