Skymaxx Pro makes the world black!

engrish_major

Just installed Skymaxx Pro - the sky looks fine, but my plane and the ground is all black. I stopped LuaScripts so that RTH is not the culprit.

Car_Centurion_1.png

Edit - I just restarted X-Plane, and it is normal. Strange. But my FPS has doubled with SkyMaxx Pro - even under overcast conditions. If this is representative of the performance I will get, I am a very happy camper.

Edited by engrish_major

I'm on 10.45. And last time I started this didn't happen, so my current log won't reflect the issue. I'll post it if it happens again.

I do have to say though, X-Plane starts in like one minute now. It used to take about 5. Not sure if that's expected behavior, but between this and the FPS gains, I am quite satisfied with this so far.

Are you using custom sky colors? I recall I've seen this once in the past once I placed my custom sky colors into

X-Plane 10\Resources\bitmaps\skycolors

instead of

X-Plane 10\Resources\plugins\SilverLining\skyColors

Try to put them into SilverLining\SkyColors folder. You can even create new directory for them. It will appear in SMP configuration screen and you will be able to select your sky colors from there. Also, this is described in SkyMaxx Pro manual.