epwa ILS removed

ROBBAN

Hello!

I would like to ask you how can I install ILS frequencies for airports?

Last time I approached EPWA rwy 33 and there was no ILS frequency.In x-plane map there is only ILS for rwy 11.

In EPKT ILS for rwy 27 is placed on the taxi way.

Maybe someone could tell me how to find missed ILS that is correct for airports?

Robert

Hiya Robert,

Google is your friend (well, when it isn't spying on you ;) )

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=epwa+charts

Mine was a pdf 7 down ottomanva site

Hope that helps

Tony

ps : ' I would like to ask you how can I install ILS frequencies for airports? ' if you meant inputting the actual digits eg 110.50 etc, you find your nav dial/s and tune it/them to which ils freq you need, hope that makes sense

Edited by Defiance_co
added text

Hiya Robert,

YouTube and google are my run-to options lol

Just google flight sim stuff and you'd be amazed what you can find

As to X-Plane having items missing on some fields, i guess it boils down to time and money, to do thousands of ils is a chore i guess let alone having to do decent layouts

If i do come across any airports i want to make better, i look here in the downloads or x-plane org

If you're new and need hlp just ask, plenty of people here to help including a fairly newbie (me lol)

Have Fun

Tony

I added ILS data to map in x-plane for rwy 33 in EPWA  but I still have an issue with loc and g/s when 

I approach rwy 33.For a while loc and g/s appears on PFD but is not captured on base or final.I think that I did something wrong adding ILS data,but I do not know what.

I wonder if there is any current update for runways ILS frequencies that I can download anywhere?I used an instruction below for adding ILS.

http://flightlog.shahada.abubakar.net/post/flightlog-adding-ils-to-malacca-airport-wmkm-in-x-plane

If i get chance later i'll try that airport

You could try this ......... http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/24240-epwa-warsaw-chopin-airport-poland/

From that ............. ' Openscenery, R2_library, ruScenery, FFlibrary & Flags of the World must also be installed to work. '

Easy enough to find there too

The folder goes into the custom Scenery folder inside x-plane, so x-plane/custom scenery/place the folder in there

Same goes for the other items required ..........

If that shows the ILS and the plane functions fine, i guess it's down to the layout in x-plane itself

If it doesn't work, just delete the added folders from the custom scenery folder

ps : in the 'ini' make sure that added scenery (EPWA) is above Global Scenery in the list, to make sure it does, run x-plane with added scenery, exit it, goto custom scenery folder, open the ini file using notepad, cut and paste it where required, exit notepad editing and save as-is

pps : copy the ini before editing ;)

Try that and post how you get on

Tony

EDIT : Don't know how well you know the custom scenery side of things, hence me putting it in simple terms in case you're new to messing with custom scenery and its ini

Edited by Defiance_co
added text

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/04/2016 at 8:32 PM, ROBBAN said:

Thanks,I tried this but unfortunately it did not solve the issue with epwa 33 ILS.I have drzewiecki epwa scenery and in x-plane there is only rwy 11 with ILS :( 

Why re-invent the wheel?

Go to X-Plane Gateway and download LR's 26th April 2016 nav update on their NOTAMS page?

The latest updates to the Nav data are available to download here.

This information will also be provided in regular updates. If you choose to download this file, be sure to unzip the earth_nav.dat and earth_fix.dat files and place them in X-Plane’s Resources/default data folder.

You can also download the entire apt.dat file here. This file replaces the one found in Resources/default scenery/default apt dat/Earth nav data.

If you don't want to apply the whole update you could just edit the existing earth_nav.dat to contain these lines:
(Note: Always backup any X-Plane file before you edit anything!).

4  52.16065300  020.98527800    328 10990  18     114.535 WAS  EPWA 11  ILS-cat-I
    4  52.18056700  020.95416400    328 11030  18     331.880 WA   EPWA 33  ILS-cat-II
    6  52.17116700  020.95204700    328 10990  10  300114.659 WAS  EPWA 11  GS
    6  52.15266700  020.98071700    328 11030  10  300331.864 WA   EPWA 33  GS
    12  52.17116700  020.95204700    394 10990  18       0.200 WAS  EPWA 11  DME-ILS
    12  52.15266700  020.98071700    394 11030  18       0.200 WA   EPWA 33  DME-ILS

[Source: 810 Version - data cycle 201605, build 20161503, metadata NavXP810.  Copyright © 2016, Robin A. Peel (robin@x-plane.com).].

Baron_58_1.jpg

Note if your using a Custom Scenery for EPWA you may have to "hand tune" the figures to "fit" in with where every the scenery developer decided to place the Rwy.
See LR's docs on X-Plane's file formats.

• Note1: Following the above advice will ensure you can tune the NAV radios in X-Plane to the ILS Rwy33 at EPWA and that the ILS Fan (Arrow symbol) appears on X-Plane's localmap.
  • Note2: You may have to toggle "Shut down tailwind ILS's" if your not landing into wind for that ILS to be ON.
  • Note3: It does not guarantee that every 3rd party FMS/GPS will show/list a Rwy33 ILS as they use different database files. (It does appear on the GNS430 using Navigraphs 1605 data). :D
    GNS430_EPWA_1605.JPG

cessna729.

Edited by cessna729
  • Upvote 2