No Cockpit on Loading!!

hal100

Hi

I am new to x plane 10 and am enjoying it to a certain degree. I have downloaded some aircraft and scenery which I think are really, really good and I am really grateful that there are folk who spend their time creating these addons.

However, I have an annoying problem. When an aircraft is set down at the airport I sometimes find myself outside the craft and not in the cockpit. I have tried the different views but to no avail, I just cant get inside the aircraft. Sometimes all i see is the window area, but it looks as if it is separate from the rest of the plane. I have done a view to see if the plane is actually there, and it is, but I simply cant get inside it. Can anyone help me please as this is driving me nuts. It doesn't just happen with the addons, but also the aircraft that came on the x plane 10 disc. So far the Cessna has been ok.

Thanks in advance.

Send us a screenshot of your rendering settings.

There's options there to lock your front view to specific locations, you may have inadvertently enabled that.

i.e. What happens when you press 'w'? thats the default "look forward in 2D panel view", unless one of these view-locks is triggered.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I will send a screenshot. When I press "w" nothing happens. I don't think that I have locked anything as the small plane is ok whilst others are not. I will check to see.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I will send a screenshot. When I press "w" nothing happens. I don't think that I have locked anything as the small plane is ok whilst others are not. I will check to see.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help.

Are you running 32 bit or 64 bit? Because some planes only work for the 64 bit version of X-plane, and will not function in 32, or it could be the other way around. You can also try going under the "view" tab and hitting the "cockpit forwards 2D" or something among those lines.

Edited by Ryan M.

I think what has happened is that he is looking at a plane he has downloaded and has only a 2D cockpit. Then his setting in rendering is set for 3D view always.

Is this happening with the default x-plane aircraft? Try the 172. Otherwise make sure you do not have the box in rendering checked to always use 3D as default.

Sent via Taptalk. System specs: OS-Windows 8, MB-Gigabyte Z87X OC Force, Processor-4770K, GC-PNY 780 Ti, RAM-16Gb.