Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
philwhite

Problems with new card.

5 posts in this topic

I had X-Plane 10.25 running pretty well on my GTX660 3gb card but decided some extra grunt was needed so I decided to install a GTX770 4gb card which is faster on the base clock etc..

Now with identical settings that were used with the 660 in the Nvidia control panel and X-Plane rendering options I am getting terrible Antialiasing.

I don't use HDR and with 16x antialiasing it looks no better than 2x jagged edges and the scenery is shimmering so I have no idea what's causing it. I am using the same driver version but of course I have installed it for the 770.

So jagged edges no matter what setting I use, what could it be?

Un-install your drivers and look for updated drivers. You will need to reset your card settings from previous settings to get it right. Then again rendering settings within X-Plane.

Tried that already.

Have a look at this which is logged with every flight in the X-Plane log

This video card is: DX10 or 11 - With instancing (found glMapBufferRange)
Note: X-Plane preferences are set to enable FSAA, but it is disabled by the driver control panel.

I guess this is telling me that i don't have the correct setting in the Nvidia control panel.
here is a screenshot of the settings so maybe there is a setting i have not got right??

Nvidia-1.jpg

I suggest restoring your defaults on the card and then go into your rendering setting within X-Plane and tweak from there.  Or letting the application control what you are trying to get.

I have now RESOLVED this issue. I simply removed all Nvidia driver software and started again and that sorted it.