What is this, and how do I remove it?

OlaHaldor

Go to the Local Map, touch with your mouse the LOC antena and EDIT the position of the Object using the LAT and LON menu at the right side of the screen ( Only available when you are in EDIT mode)

Take care the Course mach the RWY center line. When you Exit X-plane, just save the changes. 

The changes lost when you update the X-plane airport and navigation data.

Sorry I dont know exactly how to say in English... :( I hope you understand me.

Carlos

• Upvote 1

This is not a standard DSF object. No. This is a NAVAID - and is part of Robin Peel's master database.

You cannot edit this in WED, since it's neither an Airport taxiway/runway, nor is it an overlay/terrain object. (these are the only things WED can affect)

NAVAIDs are drawn by X-Plane all by itself internally.... - with no way to influence their location or visibility through WED or OE or any other method.

Submit an update to Robin if it's in the wrong place.

- CK

Edited by chris k
  • Upvote 1

I read about, and subsequently did by accident, place a taxiway polygon over the end of a runway which in turn suppressed runway approach light stanchions. Although I see that the runway above is engineered with a displaced threshold, if the original poster can accept not having the big white arrows (or a concrete/asphalt patch), perhaps placing a small taxiway polygon over that transmitter will suppress it visually as well?

Nope. doesnt work.

Yes, placing a taxiway over the approach lighting makes the lighting be recessed. Please note that the lighting is still there -XP just uses the 'inset' model instead of the 'standing straight up' model. The lights are not suppressed per se.

There is no "inset" version of the ILS model.

There is another trick you can do, which is to replace the lib/airport/NAVAIDS/ILS.obj with a blank "object" (using a library statement on an explicit path) for that tile from within the /Custom Scenery/ project folder. It's a trick, but should work (and suppresses *every* ILS marker for that 1x1 degree tile)

Again, The real solution is to simply move the ILS antenna to it's correct location using [Edit], and submitting the new location to Robin.

Edited by chris k

Bummer.  <_<

There's some guilt to be laid on me too though, because it's so hard to accurately place the overlay image without proper info on things. I really wish we could have an visibility of the terrain like in Overlay Editor, while working in WED. That would help tons just to check that things are lining up with the existing terrain.

The edit mode in X-Plane sucks too. I can't click-and-drag the NAVAID, I gotta place it by coordinates, which is... painstakingly slow and clumsy. So I just shortened the runway a little. Not ideal, but hey, at least the airport gets taxiways, apron, GA parking and gates now as opposed to just a runway.

• 2 months later...