Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport - KDFW2013 1.0

19 Screenshots

About This File

KDFW is a major project that leverages the technologies of XP10. Although the default apt.dat was used as the foundation, many changes have been made to pads, lines, signs, pavement markings, etc. so that it better matches the actual layout of the airport. It is by no means “done”, but it was time to get a version out for end users. There are some improvements planned for future updates: blending of the “green” center road area between the terminals using either ortho underlays or road inlays, World Traffic and Ground Traffic files/support, and more custom models to replace facades.

Terminal Area

Models - All passenger terminals are custom modeled/textured by Tim Benedict. As well, the AA maintenance “Hangar 5”, the ATC towers and the A to C walkway and observation tower are Tim’s handiwork. “West Hollywood” maintenance area modeled/ textured by Brian

Gates/Ramps - There are ample start ramps at each terminal as well as the cargo and maintenance areas and the corporate aviation terminal. In addition, there are multiple autogate ramps at each of the terminals.

V10 ATC

Taxi Routing - Full coverage of runways, taxiways, terminal and maintenance/cargo areas

Airport Flows - Configured for typical North or South conditions. Departures from inboard runways and arrivals to the outboard runways just as it really happens. In addition, props and turboprops arrive and depart from the exterior runways so that the flow system will utilize all runways. Arrivals and departures are routed based on your equipment type and departures runways are determined by your filed flight plan heading (if you file east, you will be sent to the east side of the airport, west goes to the west side) regardless of the gate you start up at.

OSM

We have made a diligent attempt to match XP roads to OSM roads as they are/were during construction. Since OSM is always being updated these connections may or may not "hold" as future XP updates rollout.

User Manual

A comprehensive PDF guide to the airport layout is included. It contains links to ZFW ARTCC for access to airport operations. The links are direct to documents but you should learn the site layout as document locations may change. All charts in the manual are current as of March 2013 and they rarely change. For ease of access, all procedures are organized thusly:

SID/STAR - we have included a cheat sheet which lists the procedures by which flight direction (to or from) for ease in route planning.

ILS/VOR/RNAV - by runway number in ascending order.

Credits:

On a project of this scale there are many people who chip in with various types of assistance. I will attempt to recognize all of them for their gracious contributions

Tim Benedict: without whose enthusiasm and modeling talent, this airport would have remained in the dream portions of my brain. Facades don't do justice to a large airport if it can be helped and Tim came through BIG time, modeling way more than I ever anticipated. Unfortunately, something came up near the end of the project for Tim. With some help from folks listed below, I/we were able to band-aid the remaining issues to finish some models and texturing. I hope whatever happened to Tim is not serious and that the result is good for he and his family.

Those that directly contributed:

frede: my friend and mentor

Pierre Lavaux: creating some great LIT textures that were needed to finish out the terminals (and teaching me in the process)

KC Hagedorn - photos used for the development of object textures

Tom Holland - technical advice/assistance

Beta Testers

Dave Robertson

Dave Dillinger

Nathan Powell

Tarun Mittal…

and more great guys and gals at X-Plane Aviators Facebook group.

Those that indirectly contributed:

Ben, Chris, Austin and the other folks at LR (employee or dedicated contributor)

The entire community of developers that make this the incredible simulator that it is

OpenSceneryX

Marginal - for Autogate

Barbarossa - for the awesome "Reload Scenery" plugin…saved countless hours during verification

Beber/RoyalOak - Serviced Aircraft

Conan - Static ACF

N1969 - Static ACF ERJ145 from previous artists (detailed in the enclosed readme) I removed the aircraft shadow from the texture file, the beacon, landing and strobe lights from the OBJ file.

Planebuilder - static MD90

Nickster - bridges

What's New in Version 1.0

Released

• Initial Upload
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments