About This File
Vehicle Library Extension v1.2
October 27, 2012 Chris K
This file puts a lot more and different types of cars and trucks on the highways (Instead of just the 5 or 6 'default' ones).
Traffic on highways and roads look much more realistic.!
The file extends X-Plane 9 and X-Plane 10's default library of cars and trucks. It adds additional entries to be chosen at random when X-Plane (or any scenery for that matter) requests either the car or the car_or_truck vehicle objects.
This provides immediate variety to any scenery or roadways which use the default library system (which is most of them).
This is effectively a re-posting of the file by Joyfulsongster (JeffM)
However, The method I chose to use here to make this work is via a library extension, and a LIBRARY_EXTEND directive; rather than having you muck about with the internal workings of the default scenery directories. This makes it work for both X-Plane 9, and X-Plane 10; is easy to install, and is easy to delete.
Copy "Vehicle Library Extension" into "Custom Scenery". That's it.
Delete "Vehicle Library Extension" from "Custom Scenery". That's it.
Jeff's (Joyfulsongsters's) Original Description:
Here are a lot more vehicles for the highways. Many more trucks, a few vans, and a score of vehicles thanks to Cami de Bellis. Hope you enjoy.
UPDATE: anyone who feels inspired to allow these files to be installed a better way, and also useable in v10 has my permission to use them. Have fun!
© 2010-2012 joyfulsongster and uwespeed - Library files provided © 2012 ISDG - International Scenery Development Group
What's New in Version 1.2
- Fixed 2 motorcycle objects referencing their proper image file.
- Motorcycles are textured now!
- Pre-image Compressed all PNG as DDS for those who use [X] Enable Texture Compression
- Using a pre-compressed DDS is far better than asking X-Plane to do it on the fly
- XP10 users will auto-switch to the DDS version if compression enabled
- See: http://developer.x-plane.com/2012/01/dds-revisited-in-x-plane-10/
- for more information on how auto DDS/PNG selection works in XP10