Really bad frames in EPWA

Jah

Hi everyone,

I need your help as I do not get a clue out of my problem. 

Here's the story:

I had a ATI R290X in my system a few weeks ago, as I used this card I bought me the cool scenery for EPWA (Warsaw) by Drzewiecki Design. So far so good, I got about 20FPS when I landed there and taxied and stuff. 

So here's the problem. I upgraded my system this week with an EVGA 980Ti - could nearly double the frames with here running smoothly - except at EPWA. I'm seeing a frame breakdown to 7-8FPS in EPWA. Any other airport (Even EDDF with TONS of objects, placed by myself etc) I do see about 30FPS stable. 

So my question is if anybody here has the same card, the same airport and has the same problem? Or just has an idea how to fix it?

Whole System Specs.:

Resolution: 21:9 (3440x1440p)

i7 4770k (4GHZ)

EVGA 980Ti 6GB

16GB DD3 Ram

512 GB SSD

1TB HDD

650 Power Supply

MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard

Thanks a lot!

Cheers 

Steffen

I have MSI 980Ti Gaming edition and get 42 fpm at gate 20 for example with FF B763 dark and cold .... But then I am not using the maximum resolution, I keep it at 1920x1080 on a 27 inch Dell, also my shadows are 3d on aircraft, no more. So, I guess all depends on rendering settings. By the way my CPU is 3.6 GHz with turbo boost.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Jah said:

Hi mishaikin,

thanks for your replay, could you please show me a picture of your rendering settings? So I can compare in detail... But anyway is your answer helping me. Somethings strange happening over here ^^

cheers

Sure, here it goes along with two screenshots from the scenery. Default resolution for me is equal to 1920x1080. I tried 2560x1440 but framerate goes to about 30, not to mention this resolution is not very convenient for anything else :-). Different positions also show different frame rate.

You can also watch a night landing (same settings) at EPWA on my twitch.tv channel (the same username), the recording (LBSF-EPWA) will be there for about twenty more days.

screenshot 174.jpg

screenshot 172.jpg

screenshot 171.jpg

Edited by mishaikin

Well, I don't know ... just for your information I don't use many plugins, only xsquawkbox, landing speed, autogate and occasionally noaa weather and ground services. Also my scenery folder contains hd3mesh and osm only version of w2xp apart from other libraries required by some of the free sceneries. Did you try to lower your system resolution (not only xplain's one)? Resolution really matters in relation to framerate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did another approach. Just rearranged the entrys in my scenery packs.ini...  but all the "zzz" polish stuff which was high in the list, down to the other HD Mesh stuff, then put the aircraft entrys itselft to the top. And here, I see 20FPS, so its flyable again. Not nearly the performance compared to others but flyable.

I relly do not want to lower my system settings, because I know my system can handle it for sure. The fault ist not to at my system, its on the airport side for sure.

Maybe I even get better fps with some tricks.. but so far I have none.. ^^

How is you scenerypacks.ini arranged?

I did another approach. Just rearranged the entrys in my scenery packs.ini...  but all the "zzz" polish stuff which was high in the list, down to the other HD Mesh stuff, then put the aircraft entrys itselft to the top. And here, I see 20FPS, so its flyable again. Not nearly the performance compared to others but flyable.

I relly do not want to lower my system settings, because I know my system can handle it for sure. The fault ist not to at my system, its on the airport side for sure.

Maybe I even get better fps with some tricks.. but so far I have none.. ^^

How is you scenerypacks.ini arranged?

I'll check my sceneries inj file on Friday, I am not nearby my pc at the moment. These detailed sceneries are real framerate hungry beasts. I prefer to keep the settings so framerate is above 30 to have some buffer for bad plugins and weather. Buying 980Ti I thought will make me able to max graphic settings but this proved not to be true :-). As a consolation I can say that some free sceneries have even lower framerate than EPWA ... for example LBSF v 2 (made by me and a friend). At gate 1 it gives me about 32 :-) with the same settings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your scenery fps probs. makes me believe even harder that the EPWA scenery has some lack of engineering... because of my very good performance everywhere else, even on more crowed airports. 980Ti is really a beast here in my machine.. but anyway, let me know how you arranged your scenerypacks.ini :)

Thank you!

22 hours ago, Jah said:

Your scenery fps probs. makes me believe even harder that the EPWA scenery has some lack of engineering... because of my very good performance everywhere else, even on more crowed airports. 980Ti is really a beast here in my machine.. but anyway, let me know how you arranged your scenerypacks.ini :)

Thank you!

Here is the scenery_packs.ini attached.

I don't know about the lack of engineering ..., it is just the way x-plane works :-) To make detailed and accurate scenery you put more and more objects, polygones, markings, textures on the tarmac and finally you have to buy a new video card as it happened with me. When I was making LBSF v2, my card was EVGA geforce 960 2Gb and with lower rendering options I was getting similar framerates, now with 980Ti I thought initially that would be able to max out everything, but it didn't work that way, especially because some of the rendering options depend on the cpu, not the gpu. Some of the options that I had to make compromise with were number of objects, resolution of the screen, shadows. Also noticed that noaa plugin even in clear weather causes sometimes 7-10 fps drop. Another framerate beast for me is w2xp scenery/library ( I use the osm only version). So, just try EPWA with lower screen resolution, it would be interesting what rate you'll get. Staying at 20 is dangerous. If you fly online when you start using ivao or vatsim plugin, add eventually weather and you will end up at 5.

scenery_packs.ini

Edited by mishaikin