Bump in Runway triggered by runway mod

Raro-Flyer

First thing first: I am a first time user of the WED utility.

Background:

My home airport CYBL got its runway extended so that it can handle small jets. The original 5'000ft runway post-26409-0-26407600-1450748192_thumb.j was lengthened to 6'500ft.

Pretty simple, right?

My problem:

I used the WED tool to simply add the 1'500ft to the North end of runway 11 in the original X-Plane 10.42 (64-bit) version. post-26409-0-67598800-1450748182_thumb.j I did add a run-up piece as well. But other than that, I left the airport alone.

Now that I loaded my modification, all looks great EXCEPT there is a huge bump in the runway, more or less where my addition starts. See post-26409-0-86021100-1450748147_thumb.j and post-26409-0-87238700-1450748153_thumb.j). The bump is big enough that I get prop-strikes and other disasterous hits if I try to take off.

Questions:

• What causes the bump?
  • How can I fix it?

Please be detailed enough that even a complet beginner with the WED tool (such as me) can understand the fix.

Thanks for any and all help.

Hi Ilias,

thanks for your quick response and support. As I said, I am new at this. Never worked with the WED Tool. But based on your comment I went into the WED Guide and read up on "Boundary creation". I did not think I had to create or modify the boundary, as I started with a completed airport. However, lengthening the runway must have destroyed the original boundary.

So I went into my airport in the WED tool, created a boundary around the new runway and airport, and oh wonder .... the bump in the runway is gone. Fantastic.

Thanks again for your help. For now I will stay away from the mesh ..... no idea how to work with it, or what I can do. :)

• Upvote 1