DCS: A-10 almost ready!

Lukasz

For anyone interested, "Digital Combat Simulator: A-10 is" almost there :D The first two Producer Notes are already uploaded for everyone to watch and I must say, I like what I saw there :)

I have their previous sim, the Ka-50 attack helicopter and I'm really pleased with it, the only shortcoming I can think of, being AI. Sometimes it's too efficient and well informed, and sometimes straight dumb. "-Sir, they're shooting at us! -Calm down soldier, it's just a rain. -A rain of lead, sir?! -Yup. Move along, soldier. -Maybe we should run or pop up smoke? -Nah, look at those tracers, they're so beautiful!"

On the other hand, I've read, that the AI will be gradually improved over the course of the series, it's really the only one feature I'd prefer done differently and most of the time I just fly around anyway, watching scenery, enjoying the feel of flight itself and landing on moving trains, without dropping "rain" or other stuff on the poor ground units. Make flight, not war ;)

I know of people actually using X-Plane as a trainer platform for the Ka-50 (!) and I too had my share in those discussions, so I thought it would be nice to mention the Black Shark here, as it is surely one of the main benchmarks in the curent state of flight simulations.

What I like the most in the Ka-50? The highly immersive and very detailed flight model (with special regards to coaxial helicopter dynamics), "real" HUD, lifelike sounds, very detailed cockpit and procedures (along with possible failures), the best NVGs I've ever seen in any sim or game and many other things. Even the painfully detailed manual, which is 534 pages long :) Ahhh, Falcon times, when "hundreds of pages" was a standard length for any serious pdf knowledge resource...