New and would like your opinion on scenery

vincent

I would like to know your opinion on addon scenery for xplane 10.

I live in lower mainland BC canada and find that the scenery looks nothing like the real thing.

I have added boundary bay airport and I am looking for a good CYVR and general ground textures.

Do not mind paying as long as it is worth it. 

Your opinions are very helpfull. thanks.

Currently the place place to go is Simheaven.com, which has a HUGE amount of free scenery downloads for X-plane 10. Unfortunately, the source data that they use is not the greatest for Canada. However what you should definitely keep an eye out for is the upcoming "HD Mesh v3" from Alpilot.net, which will upgrade the entire Canadian region with higher resolution mesh data (adds much more definition to the terrain land classes), properly places many errant bodies of water, and adds more accurate roads & objects placement. All totally free, as well.

There is still the "Inside Passage v10" payware addon available on Xplane.org, too. It covers a really big area with many custom objects and 95 airports and seaplane bases, including CYRV, plus a 100 uncharted facilities. It's been around for years though, it's showing it's age in terms of graphic fidelity compared with newer scenery. Still if you don't mind the lower quality graphics, it's a great pack for relatively cheap.       

Edited by JeremyWM

Just to make things correct ... It is not "Alpilot.net" but alpilotx.net . And even the  currently available "HD Mesh Scenery v2" (here again: I ask you to please correctly cite the name as we tend to have enough confusions with some naming by Simheave already ... and broadly using the same name everywhere helps to reduce - at least a tiny bit - this "confusion") does already vastly improve Canada . But, you are correct in stating the "HD Mesh Scenery v3" (link brings you to the preview announcement) will even further improve on this by including - hopefully - almost all water bodies of Canada more or less correctly (I definitely do expect a massive improvement over v2 even if it might still have a few errors - which is definitely not avoidable at this scale).

Edited by alpilotx