Carenado C90 with a GTX 560Ti 1gig - OK?

ckeating

I just recently upgraded from a 560Ti...to a GTX770 (2 gig), but only because I was able to work out a deal so it only ended up costing me $269 which coming from a 560Ti was irresistible. It's difficult to justify spending $400-$600 on a video card, especially if it's mostly for a game. But that's about what they cost now for 4 gig cards...and it's not as if you're going to improve your fps that much either...it  mostly allows you to turn up your settings and it WILL get you better fps if you run your cpu at least 4ghtz+....not 500 bucks worth, however:-).

Everyone will tell you to get the most vram you can afford...and they're right!...question is how much are you willing/able to spend for what I call small to moderate gains depending upon the game and your settings. It's a personal thing I suppose. My 560 was over 3 years old and the fan bearings were going bad....at $269 it was a no brainer for me. If I had to spend $400 or more I would never do it.

Yes, the lowest amount of VRAM which Carenado wants for C90 is 1GB, but don't expect that it would be enough with some huge 3rd party sceneries. It's also a good idea to set up the texture compression and lower texture resolution, it can save you a lot of VRAM. But of course - the more the better so if you can (or want) spend money for at least 2GB graphic card, go for it.

Also 32 megs of RAM is quite a low amount, get at least 64 for office work or 128 for playing games like Need For Speed III or FIFA 2000 ...  :D

No, seriously - if it's a typo and you have 32 GIGS of RAM, it's more than enough. I can run C90 with a ton of 3rd party sceneries, can have open the Plan-G and Firefox with maps and all that with 4GB RAM.