Installing airports.

kwikfishron

Hi, I just recently purchased and loaded XP 9 onto my laptop (win 8 64 bit). I chose 9 over 10 because my system just barley met the minimum requirements for 10 but was well within the requirements of 9.

For the most part everything is running smooth, the problem is I can't get any of the airport scenery to load. I download the file, unzip it and then drop it into the custom scenery folder. I then open XP, go to that airport and nothings there other than the runways and the default (off-property) scenery. I've tried this with at least a dozen major US airports.

What am I missing here?

Thanks for the reply Jim. Sorry I should have mentioned that I've tried the different rendering options including "Totally Insane" and nothing changes. I was starting to wonder if it's a Windows 8 thing. I know I have other older programs that won't run right (or at all) on 8.  

OMG, feel for ya man, Bought my new system with Win8 this past July and 8 crashed it so many times I gave up and dropped the OEM and put Win7 Ultra instead and all was good with the X-Plane world after.

OMG, feel for ya man, Bought my new system with Win8 this past July and 8 crashed it so many times I gave up and dropped the OEM and put Win7 Ultra instead and all was good with the X-Plane world after.

The Windows 8 train wreck (in general) aside are you saying that "is" the reason I haven't been able to load airports? I have been able to successfully download a few (not all) planes. 

Are other X-Plane (9 or 10) users having Windows 8 comparability issues? 

Edited by kwikfishron

I had so many payware issues with Win8 and crashing my computer hard. It was a nightmare. This was all in 10x. And it waas even worse after letting windows 8 update to the last update before 8.1 came along.

That is what did it in. Had my annual get together with my XPFW buddies in Oct and was demoing some scenery and planes when it went belly up, Cameron and Tom Curtis were here and witnessed it.