Simtiles and windows 8 crash

the_papy

Hi,

ok, simtiles full 1.2.52 Crash after file scenery from simheaven .

no crash with all scenery ...

but with z+51+004_NL_Rotterdam_bx17 from simheaven z17  its Crash ,

I tested with 2 computer and windows 8 and 8.1 and the same problem , anyonne have too the same problem? 1 weeks i try to resolve the problem .. :-(

Sorry for post in xplane general

Regards

Go back to windows 7. Window8 is an abomination  destined to no different then then Windows ME. My new rig came as windows when

I bought it this past July. Had our annual get together and it crashed so many times during our meeting I gave up on it. Installed Win 7 Ult

and all is well again.  No more blue screens.  

Cameron can attest to this. He was here helping me.

Go back to windows 7. Window8 is an abomination  destined to no different then then Windows ME. My new rig came as windows when

I bought it this past July. Had our annual get together and it crashed so many times during our meeting I gave up on it. Installed Win 7 Ult

and all is well again.  No more blue screens.  

Cameron can attest to this. He was here helping me.

Your opinion from your experience.

The only time I have ever seen a BSOD in Win7 or Win8 was during the development of overclock settings.  Win8[.1] is fine.

windows 8.1 its really good, runtime c++ 4.5 installed ,  after launch on z+50+004_B_Bruxelles_bx17 ,  scenery, Simtiles Analysing elevation and crash :-(  INFO:stderr:Unhandled exception in thread started by
INFO:stderr:<function createSubProcess at 0x025710B0>
INFO:stderr:

INFO:stderr:Traceback (most recent call last):

INFO:stderr:  File "simtiles.py", line 3355, in createSubProcess

INFO:stderr:  File "simtiles.py", line 1845, in analizeElevations

INFO:stderr:  File "simtiles.py", line 1249, in loadCurElevations

INFO:stderr:  File "simtiles.py", line 1205, in elevFromTemp

INFO:stderr:  File "simtiles.py", line 837, in rwFile

INFO:stderr:MemoryError

24 giga memory i7 4770 clock to 4,400Mhz  gtx690 , on SSD samsung i try another hdd but is the same ..

You have contacted me via email and we've been working together toward a solution for the past week.

I have created a beta version for you to try and will create a new one soon to better detect the error you're having with your configuration.

I just noticed you posted about this on x-plane.fr, x-plane.org,x-pilot. I believe there is little need to post for additional help on all existing forums ;)

As you know you're the only user reporting any problem and unfortunately I cannot reproduce it from my end, making it real difficult to help you.

I suppose it has something to do with windows 8. Windows8 whilst currently not supported is high on my to-do list.

Meantime I would highly recommend using windows7, it is a much more supported platform for flight simulation at the moment.

Regards

Luca

Author of SimTiles

Edited by luckyluca

• 2 weeks later...

SimTiles v1.5.01 released!

SimTiles is now 64bit, this should fix the memory issues you've been having.

Lots of new features and improvements, most of the routines have been re-written from the ground up, it should now be more reliable, faster and more future proof.

Main new features are the 64bit version, useful for the memory intensive new HD v2 meshes, faster performance after a first one off scenery analysis,

and above all a nice one click change season for all photosceneries installed in your custom scenery.

Important, do not go back to previous versions of simTiles after you run v1.5.01

Please note, due to the limited beta run of v1.5.01, if you encounter any bug don't hesitate to drop us a line, bug fixing is high on our priority list.

Edited by luckyluca
  • Upvote 1