X-Plane 10 HD Mesh Scenery v2 COMPARISON (before / after) screen shots!

alpilotx

I have received many questions every now or then abut "whats the difference between default and HD". So I decided to start a new album in my Picasa collection. This time its all about comparing:

• default GlobalScenery
  • vs. HD Mesh Scenery v2

I used my little trick to capture each scene with exactly the same camera perspective (so you can easily flip back and forth between the pictures and see what happens). I have already added a few regions like,

• Norway
  • Alps
  • Canada, BC (man was I impressed by the extreme differences there ... its an entirely new feeling ... really)

... and will continue to add a few over the coming days (all depending on my time).

So, head over there, and check them out:

https://picasaweb.google.com/101666907909842492197/XPlane10HDMeshSceneryV2DefaultAndHDComparisons?authuser=0&feat=directlink

And if there is someone new, who does still not know whats HD Mesh Scenery v2:

http://www.alpilotx.net/downloads/x-plane-10-hd-scenery-mesh-v2/

• Upvote 3

The difference is really amazing.  To me it almost looks like orthophotos how it improves the details of the terrain..

Buildings and forests look more natural and not just big random globs of texture, smaller lakes, little detailed rivers and streams are visible.  Not to mention smoothing out of all the mountains.

(just to clarify this is no-HD mesh at all vs HD mesh v2 correct? Not HD mesh v1 vs HD mesh v2.  That was confusing)

Great work man!