Global Airports

AtomicFrawg

I am having a big issue with the new global airports. They seem to be over writing some of the custom airports that I have already had. Or I should say loading both at the same time. Example: KBOS from the global airports Load over top of KBOSv10 custom airport. 

I have played with the scenery_packs file and No matter where I put the global airport entry or KBOS entry, it still over writes it.

I am at a loss :(

Custom scenery buildings and objects, be it 3rd party addons or built-in as part of the new airport initiative, always have the chance to interact with each other unless there are exclusion zones created.

Ultimately, the author of the 3rd party Boston scenery (or yourself) will need to add exclusion zones under and around the buildings in the 3rd party scenery to suppress the new buildings which show up as part of the base scenery.

That was the first thing I thought also, however I checked the file in overlay editor and it has an exclusion zone. Oddly enough the file wont open in the new WED beta so I may fiddle around with the file some to see what WED shows when I get home tonight. Please note this is not my airport and the file can be found on the other xplane website.

That was the first thing I thought also, however I checked the file in overlay editor and it has an exclusion zone. Oddly enough the file wont open in the new WED beta so I may fiddle around with the file some to see what WED shows when I get home tonight. Please note this is not my airport and the file can be found on the other xplane website.

Is the exclusion zone of the correct type? Usually you need at least one for facades and one for objects.

You can add your own exclusion zone, though.

Sooooooo...... I imported the Apt data into WED and found no exclusion zones. This is odd because overlay editor shows them. I added them in WED exported the fixes and now I have nothing but taxi lights. haha ( I guess that fixes the original issue  :D  )

Anyway, I really don't know why I want to fix this, as I don't fly here often and it is not even my file. I guess it is my OCD kicking in. LOL

I know what I will be doing this weekend. :P

Edited by AtomicFrawg

Sooooooo...... I imported the Apt data into WED and found no exclusion zones. This is odd because overlay editor shows them. I added them in WED exported the fixes and now I have nothing but taxi lights. haha ( I guess that fixes the original issue  :D  )

Anyway, I really don't know why I want to fix this, as I don't fly here often and it is not even my file. I guess it is my OCD kicking in. LOL

I know what I will be doing this weekend. :P

What's WED?

Aaaannnnndddd It is fixed. :D

I had to first import the apt data into WED then Import both DSF files into WED. With each DSF file had the exclusion zone with it. Each one was only for objects. So I changed them to cover all the options. I then saved and exported the scenery pack. All is good for me to never fly into that airport again. :D

Edited by AtomicFrawg