Loading screen...

Ahmed

Hello!

So I thought of making a new loading screen for X-Plane, and after 3 hours of working, I finished it.

The problem is when I open X-Plane, the loading screen I made doesnt show COMPLETLY, it just shows a PART of the screen i made.

I made my start screen's dimensions 2048x2048 just like X-Plane's default start screen.

What's wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Ahmedakram

I don't know what version of xp you have but I'm using xp9.70 and the image has to be in bitmap format (.bmp) and goes in xplane 9/resources/bitmaps.

The image you want to display must be the same size as your screen.

I've changed my Intro screen, and as you can see, depending on your screen resolution, you have to position your image carefully for it all to show up. 

You start off with a 2048x2048 background. Make it any colour, but bright red is great for testing. This is so that when testing, if this colour shows up it will indicate if you need to reposition your image.

Then, paste into a new layer the image you want as your Intro image.  You have to position it carefully for it to show up.

On mine below, although the total (black) picture size is 2048x2048,  the actual picture (sky and helicopter) is the size of my screen, which is 1900x1200. The black does not show up on the screen.

It's a case of trial and error to get your image in the right place on the screen.

Maybe download my screen and see where the image sits on your screen, and use that as a template for positioning yours.  But remember, the final image must be a bitmap.

u9w.png

Edited by Nicola_M

I don't know what version of xp you have but I'm using xp9.70 and the image has to be in bitmap format (.bmp) and goes in xplane 9/resources/bitmaps.

I've changed my Intro screen, and as you can see, depending on your screen resolution, you have to position your image carefully for it all to show up. 

You start off with a 2048x2048 background. Make it any colour, but bright red is great for testing. This is so that when testing, if this colour shows up it will indicate if you need to reposition your image.

Then, paste into a new layer the image you want as your Intro image.  You have to position it carefully for it to show up.

On mine below, although the total (black) picture size is 2048x2048,  the actual picture (sky and helicopter) is the size of my screen, which is 1900x1200. The black does not show up on the screen.

It's a case of trial and error to get your image in the right place on the screen.

Maybe download my screen and see where the image sits on your screen, and use that as a template for positioning yours.  But remember, the final image must be a bitmap.

u9w.png

THANK YOU!!

My screen is 1366x768.. itll take time to position it :/

I alos use XP9.7