CSeries project

boingboing

Many of you might have seen my barely finished CS100 on the download manger. I originally thought that would be that, but 79carboy and Michael Chang convinced me otherwise :) Thanks to them, I've decided to continue it and work with 79carboy and his team to make this as an aircraft accurate as possible. I'll update when thee is something worth updating about.

two things. first if anyone lives near or works at YMX and can get me a some of good shot of the CS100 prototype i'd be really grateful. Second, how does one import a plane-maker model into blender?

you gotta get the import/export scripts, I like to use these ones, the ones called "x-plane2blender" http://marginal.org.uk/x-planescenery/tools.html

After that, I suggest you watch Danklaue's amazing youtube planemaker and blender tutorials, be sure to pay close attention, I got a lot of info out of those vids.

CSeries.jpg

I think that this image may be a lot more useful than appears, it shows the locations of all the rivets/support structures of the fuselage and also shows a cross section of the flap drive arm, which will help create a good understanding of how the flaps actually move.

CSeries-paint1-FTV-2.jpg

This is the best Cseries side shot I could find

Good luck :)