Taxi fuel consumption

liser

Hi friends!

I'm experiencing a problem whith fuel consumption just after startup and in taxi phase. Short after I start the engiens, the fuel starts to dissapear in steps of 10 lbs every second, so when I get to the holding point I have spent like 2000 lbs of fuel between startup and taxi. Maybe I'm loading the aircraft not correctly? I follow every step of the tutorial. I can post you a video to illustrate. I think I'm goint to re install and see if it's a bad install problem.

I'm experiencing a problem whith fuel consumption just after startup and in taxi phase. Short after I start the engiens, the fuel starts to dissapear in steps of 10 lbs every second, so when I get to the holding point I have spent like 2000 lbs of fuel between startup and taxi....

What are you using to measure the fuel used? try MCDU MENU, <PLANE MENU.

That will indicate BOARD FUEL (LBS) to the nearest 1LB, (the total displayed on the MFD's only shows to nearest 10LB).

post-7830-0-17504900-1368900094_thumb.jp

How long are you taxing for? whats the fuel burn when in the air? Is this problem repeatable? have you tried loading the aircraft "engines running" and "cold and dark"? ensure that X-Planes MTBF option is unchecked. Try loading a default aircraft e.g. C-172, wait for it to load, exit X-Plane. Restart X-Plane, wait for C-172 to finish loading, then load the CRJ-200, do you still have the problem.

If you still have problems, try using X-Plane's SAVE replay option, zip the .rep file and attach to your next post, along with your Log.txt file.

You could also use X-Planes, Settings, Data Input & Output, then Data Set to tick "disk file" and "graphical" next to each of the following datarefs: times, N1, N2, FF and fuel weights, etc. to log/display the rate of fuel being used.

Does the fuel flow tie up with the reduction in the fuel left in the tanks? or have you got a leak?

At 40% N1, taxying, my CRJ is burning approx 1510-25 lbs/hr each engine, that's approx 1lb/sec (total) decrease in Board Fuel (MCDU Plane Menu).

cessna729.

Edited by cessna729
  • Upvote 1

Firstly, let me apologize for the lack of info and thank you for your suggestions.

- I mainly use X-Plane 9 CRJ-200, but I think the same thing happens to me in XP10, I have to try it. Always starting from Cold&Dark.

- I'm using fuel page on the EICAS, that displays fuel quantity to the nearest 1lb.

-The taxi I did for the test is 2-3 minutes long, very short taxi.

-The fuel burn in the air is normal.

-That's definitely a leak, the FF and the reduction don't coincide at all.

I've noticed that if i turn off gravity xflow I don't get the issue. Maybe something is interfering with CRJ's plugin, maybe another plugin?

BTW, where is X-Planes MTBF option?

Thanks again!

Edited by liser
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...