Some Bugs

Neurus

#1: Nav 2 Frequency Problem (+ Saitek)

I have two Saitek radio panels. One I use for NAV1 and 2 and the other usually the "rest".

It happened to me a few times (will investigate further) that when using the internal GPS to follow a programmed route, I wanted to change the NAV2 in the Saitek panel. When I press the switch button (to switch between the standby and the active), it will put both standby and active as the same frequency (the one that was in Active at the time).

So if I have: 

NAV2: Active 109.5, StandBy: 110.10 and press the "switch", the end result is both NAV2 are 109.5. The problem is that I cannot change it. 

I have been able to reproduce this a few times. I will keep testing tho'. For reference the YOKE controls were turned "ON" (so I could control the frequencies with the Hardware). Everything else was more or less working fine.

#2: Artificial Horizon Failure

I had left the random failures on and my Primary artificial horizon failed (for "Pilot" according to XPLANE). This is fine and was an interesting "surprise" but… the problem is that at the same time the "backup" (located in the middle) failed as well, seems like both are coupled to the same dataref? I think that if XPlane doesn't provide a third (I don't know) it should be coupled with the autopilot one, given that I had to fly the plane sitting in the right side (because both ASI weren't working and I was in IFR). This caused a crazy AP behavior (it would not follow heading and/or ALT at all, so I had to turn it off). Night time, ILS, sitting on the right side. Scary. Add to this the fact that the above bug of the NAV2 not working meant I had to put the ILS on the NAV 1 and move the camera so I could "see" the other  instrument from the right side. It was fun as a surprise, but I don't think it was "meant" to happen :)

Any thoughts?

#1: Nav 2 Frequency Problem (+ Saitek)

So if I have: 

NAV2: Active 109.5, StandBy: 110.10 and press the "switch", the end result is both NAV2 are 109.5. The problem is that I cannot change it. 

When you say you press the "switch",

Are you pressing the wrong one?.

Sounds that your pressing the Memory switch and not the Transfer active/standby switch?

See javiers JS32 DataRefs.txt for NAV Radios.

RADIOS NAV:Nav1 Transfer: J32/Nav1XFR (2 value is transfer, 1 middle position off)Memory Nav1: J32/Nav1XFR (0 value is recover memory, 1 middle position off)Nav1 Selector: sim/cockpit2/radios/actuators/nav1_powerMemorize Freq Nav1: J32/Nav1STO (0 to 1. 1 is memorize)TuneLeftNumbers Nav1: J32/Nav1NumActTuneRightNumbers Nav1: J32/Nav1NumActChange Active Nav1: J32/Nav1ActSwitchNav2 Transfer: J32/Nav2XFR (2 value is transfer, 1 middle position off)Memory Nav2: J32/Nav2XFR (0 value is recover memory, 1 middle position off)Nav2 Selector: sim/cockpit2/radios/actuators/nav2_powerMemorize Freq Nav2: J32/Nav2STO (0 to 1. 1 is memorize)TuneLeftNumbers Nav2: J32/Nav2NumActTuneRightNumbers Nav2: J32/Nav2DecActChange Active Nav2: J32/Nav2ActSwitch

cessna729.

Edited by cessna729

To manage radios with hardware you have to press the new menu Radio hardware in the yoke, that way you will be able to change the frequencies. Other thing is that the saitek is not well configured. If you cannot swap the freq, try putting the command to change it in a joystick button just to test (of course with Radio-Hardware menu in on.

About the ArtHorizont.. Pilot and copilot are separated. Even the middle one is different. They are driven by different datarefs. PIlot and copilot.

To manage radios with hardware you have to press the new menu Radio hardware in the yoke, that way you will be able to change the frequencies. Other thing is that the saitek is not well configured. If you cannot swap the freq, try putting the command to change it in a joystick button just to test (of course with Radio-Hardware menu in on.

About the ArtHorizont.. Pilot and copilot are separated. Even the middle one is different. They are driven by different datarefs. PIlot and copilot.

Hi Javier, thanks for jumping in. A few comments to clarify: 

1) The Saitek is properly configured (as I use it in every other plane without problems).

2) The Radio-Hardware was on (although for testing purposes, I turned it off momentarily and all the frequencies changed back to different stuff). When I turned it on again, I was still unable to switch NAV2 from Standby to Active (and both would end up being the same, like I've mentioned before). I can try putting a joystick button or key to try, but this has never happened to me before in any other plane. 

3) ArtHorizon, I will test again with a not-so-random failure to see what happened, but I'm sure only PILOT1 had failed in the "failures" menu. But the center and the pilot weren't working. It would have been a HUGE coincidence that both had failed at the same time. 

Thanks for the reply.