Where have my .pol files gone?

sichars1968

Hi all

Had a bit of a strange thing happen. I have just done a clean install of Windows 8 Pro having backed everything up etc. etc. All is up and running nicely including my two X-plane installations. I have just been trying to continue the airport scenery I am currently working on and all the .pol files I put down for taxiway marking(runway entries etc) are not showing up. The square boxes are all there but not the characters inside. I have started up XP10 and they are not showing up here either.

I have also checked my other scenery projects and they are all the same. I wondered if anyone would be able to shed some light on this. It is also the same if I try and draw any new .pol files. I do apologise up front if this is something trivial.

Regards

Simon

I assume you made these POL files yourself.

i.e. the POL definition, the textures inside, the SIZE <x> <y> arguments, LOD 0 25000, etc...

When you click on the POL and select it - whats in the bottom-right window (the Attributes window) in WED, in terms of the resource: line? (the scenery/WED project may have been hard-coded for a specific relative path that no longer exists on your HD)

Do you still have your customized library.txt you made when you created your own POL library? Ensure your library.txt is there and has the right headers:

A800LIBRARY

Are you indeed exporting the .POL files into the library, or are you just using relative pathing within your own project/directory?

i.e.:

EXPORT  /custom-pols/my-pol.obj MyLibrary/scenery/pols/my-pol.pol

Can you zip up and send us your project? (privately - wont go anywhere but us). Can have a look.

- CK.

Edited by chris k