Autopilot

Nightflight

Hello to the group I stumbled over this site looking for some answers to my question about Xplane 10. I have been a long time user of MS Flight Simulator every since it was a black and white screen and stick figure buidings. So having said that, I am not a newbiein the flight sim community. I recieved xplane 10 for chritamas and hve been getting my feet wet in the program. My problem is and i hope i havent missed this somewhere here in the forums is engaging autopilot after a flight plan is made. I am fling the cessna 172 and i made a simple flight plan from KHPN to KBFI but how do you get the aircraft to follow the flight path to the VOR??? How do you get the Autopilot to engage on that flight plan and follow those fixs and waypoints? To the best of my Knowledge i havent seen where it addresses this. the manual says to just put in your flight plan then you take off. Thanks in advance.

Ensure your HSI selector is set to GPS, (not NAV1/NAV2)

EDIT: On second reading, you need to note that the"flight plan" you file is completely separate to how you setup your aircraft. Theres not any"auto magic copying" from a Fight Plan to your GPS in your airplane (just like real world).

Filing a Flight Plan does not mean you've tuned your radios/setup the Garmin, etc =)

No Magic allowed =)

Edited by chris k