Tutorial videos on photoscenery?

Hrm - One of your tiles "locked" (top right side) when I looked at your WED project. You will need to unlock the tiles in order to change their coordinates.

I was easily able to move your 4 tiles when i tried yesterday (just manually moved them with the "marquee drag" function). I awas also able to move each corner by selecting it with te Vertext tool and manually pasting in the LAT/LONG value for that corner. (after I converted the Degrees + Minutes into Decimal Degrees)

Anyways - Here's your project back - I moved the tiles for you.!

As mentioned - I also did the math on the enclosed .map files, and converted the Degrees + Hours into Decimal Degrees, then put those values in the corners of the tiles appropriately. Lines up perfectly with the Airport now.!

I also imported the APT.DAT for ENAL - so you can use the airport as a reference on top of the ortho scenery.

http://206.80.253.13.../ENAL_Vigra.zip

You should be good to go, in terms of continuing development!

- CK.

Edited by chris k

Looks great Chris, it really do besides the fact that is the lowest resolution there is, just 4 pictures that was the result from splitting it into 1024x1024.

Here is the new options I would like to try, what do you think about that Chris?

nonimap.JPG

PS.. I also need to make them a bit darker next time in photoshop, better contrast and sharpness.. Speaking of sharpness, how does it get good at lower altitude as well as higher? Is it even possible or is it just the quality of the map that

descides that factor?

Hi Tom.

1. Always try to get the most "zoom level" (best resolution/lowest to the ground) you can.

I would be trying to download the BEST zoom-level at 2048x2048 pixel tiles if possible. It looks like you have indeed done that from what I can read on the above window. (Zoom=19, huge pixel area, cut tiles to 2048x2048 size, hehe 1395 Mbytes of data. That's about right for an area this size).

You can always then 'down-sample' the resolution at a later time if it's too big. (i.e. it's always much better to take a hi-res image, and then reduce it to a lower resolution, as you'll preserve some fine detail w/proper smoothing/dithering during the conversion process)

2. In terms of contrast/sharpness/colour correction, use Gimp or Photoshop.

If you're on MacOSX, Use GfxConverter to do a batch job (to change all the tiles to the same settings at the same time).

I have no idea in term of 'sharpness' from that site you're using. All I can suggest is that the lower the latitude, the better the resolution should become (up to a point.. i.e. to the point of the original orthoimagery they used to take the original picture). It's the quality of the original map that dictates/decides how sharp the imagery can become.

Good Luck!

- CK.

Edited by chris k