[SOLVED] FMS - CTD from HOLD-page

Stefan

Hi Philipp,

together with the problems of the moving waypoints - described in another thread - i had problems with CTD's when programming holds. i could the not reproduce so far, but found a little testcase, which makes no practical sense, but can reproduce the CTD's from the HOLD-page. when you press the LSK6 in the situation, shown on the attached screenshot, X-Plane crashes 100%.

Maybe the HOLD-page needs some additional plausibility-checks.

How to create such a crazy flightplan?

enter departure LOWG, destination LOWK, in the legs-page put LOWK into the scratchpad an put it over LOWG with the LSK2 (this should also not be allowed).

it's not this nonsense-flighplan, i want to get work, but maybe it helps to find the reason for the random crashes from the hold-page.

Stefan

post-7909-0-02480500-1330631555_thumb.jp

Edited by Japo32

Okay, found it. In fact, it IS exactly a plausibility check that causes the trouble: the check for trying to post a holding onto an existing holding (this cannot be done, existing holdings have to be edited through their own page), which does an invalid operation if performed on a flightplan with less than two entries.

Fixed in next update.

enter departure LOWG, destination LOWK, in the legs-page put LOWK into the scratchpad an put it over LOWG with the LSK2 (this should also not be allowed).

Why shouldn't this be allowed? LOWG is a waypoint as any other and perfectly valid to be selected the active waypoint. At least I can't remember reading anything like "you are not allowed to set the departure airport as direct-to waypoint" - as opposed to dependent waypoints, which are indeed not allowed to be selected either active or dir-to.

Philipp

Ok, no problem for me, when the FMS accepts this (and gets no troubles with it) - i've rememberd something from the vasFmc, where the airport-entries have a special status in the legs-page.

Edited by stefanpi

• 5 weeks later...