1.3 version crashes to desktop

crs

Hi,

I have installed 1.3 version using latest available installer (downloaded about an hour ago) and X-Plane 9 is crashing to desktop while loading CRJ.

Prior to that I had „This smacks of a corrupted” error message, but after re-downloading installer this message window does not appear any longer, X-Plane crashes to desktop instead (I have reported original error to X-Aviation, but I believe the problem I am having now is somehow different).

I went through all plugins and one in particular caught my attention.

$ ldd libQtCore.so.4

/usr/bin/ldd: line 118: ./libQtCore.so.4: Accessing a corrupted shared library

I have tried to replace this library with one that already exists on my system (comes with QT installed by package manager) but got exactly the same issue - this was long shot but I tried it any way.

I performed clean installation of CRJ on both 9 and 10 versions - removed previously installed files and installing from scratch. Still crashes. There is no information in Log.txt at all. Version 9 reads:

Fetching plugins for /home/crs/XPlane9/Aircraft/X-Aviation/CRJ-200/plugins

OpenAL available device: ALSA Software

OpenAL available device: OSS Software

OpenAL available device: PortAudio Software

OpenAL default device: ALSA Software

OpenAL current device: ALSA Software

and this is it. Version 10 on the other hand references non existing crash_log.txt.

I am clueless right now and it is nearly 5am here, so time to bed. :)

philipp: I have installed CRJ in Windows7 on the same machine. I am not getting any weird stuttering any more (I am sure you remember my yammer :)). I am not getting good frame rates though. Way lower than 20, while on Linux I have at least double that (but with extra stuttering while screens are on). Would love to see if version 1.3 fixes performance on Linux but at this stage am unable to test it.

Please let me know what other information should I provide you with to make it easier to debug (crashes, not stuttering :P).

Kind regards,

Kamil

Edited by crs

Hi MdMax,

Hope you are doing well!

Nope, I do not have ipv6 enabled on my system. Nor even compiled in kernel. Not a problem, can get it working in almost not time, but…

After instructing those guys how to enable IPv6 on their machines, I coded a patch for the server, to fallback to IPv4 only when dual-stack is unavailable. This is released as the 1.3.1 hotfix now.

I do not think I really need to. Do not mind enabling it (need to bump kernel version anyways) but it was too late last night to work on it.

I will wait little longer for Philip to come back. Might try just enabling ipv6.

Kind regards,

Kamil

Edited by crs

Latest from the battlefield:

$ ifconfig -a|grep inet6

inet6 fe80::226:18ff:fe22:e3ac prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x20<link>

inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128 scopeid 0x10<host>

inet6 ::127.0.0.1 prefixlen 96 scopeid 0x90<compat,host>

$ ip -6 addr show lo

1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 16436

inet6 ::1/128 scope host

valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever

And still crashing. :|

Edited by crs

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.

[switching to Thread 0xe78e4b70 (LWP 6706)]

0xed04a451 in ?? ()(gdb) bt#0 0xed04a451 in ?? ()

#1 0xe78e4270 in ?? ()

#2 0xed04a583 in ?? ()

#3 0x0cb56ae0 in ?? ()

#4 0xed231e21 in ?? () from /usr/lib32/libopenal.so.1

#5 0xed2307c2 in ?? () from /usr/lib32/libopenal.so.1

#6 0xf7d16fb2 in start_thread () from /lib32/libpthread.so.0

#7 0xf7c588de in clone () from /lib32/libc.so.6

adding bt…

openal 1.11.753 version installed.

Edited by crs

$ ldd XPlane9/Aircraft/X-Aviation/CRJ-200/plugins/CRJAvionics/lin.xpl

linux-gate.so.1 => (0xf77cb000)

libQtGui.so.4 => /home/crs/XPlane9/Aircraft/X-Aviation/CRJ-200/plugins/CRJAvionics/liblinux/libQtGui.so.4 (0xf6bb1000)

libQtCore.so.4 => /home/crs/XPlane9/Aircraft/X-Aviation/CRJ-200/plugins/CRJAvionics/liblinux/libQtCore.so.4 (0xf6914000)

libpthread.so.0 => /home/crs/XPlane9/Aircraft/X-Aviation/CRJ-200/plugins/CRJAvionics/liblinux/libpthread.so.0 (0xf68f9000)

libstdc++.so.6 => /home/crs/XPlane9/Aircraft/X-Aviation/CRJ-200/plugins/CRJAvionics/liblinux/libstdc++.so.6 (0xf6808000)

libm.so.6 => /home/crs/XPlane9/Aircraft/X-Aviation/CRJ-200/plugins/CRJAvionics/liblinux/libm.so.6 (0xf67de000)

libgcc_s.so.1 => /home/crs/XPlane9/Aircraft/X-Aviation/CRJ-200/plugins/CRJAvionics/liblinux/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xf67c0000)

libc.so.6 => /home/crs/XPlane9/Aircraft/X-Aviation/CRJ-200/plugins/CRJAvionics/liblinux/libc.so.6 (0xf6655000)

libz.so.1 => /lib32/libz.so.1 (0xf6606000)

libfreetype.so.6 => /usr/lib32/libfreetype.so.6 (0xf657c000)

libXrender.so.1 => /usr/lib32/libXrender.so.1 (0xf6572000)

libfontconfig.so.1 => /usr/lib32/libfontconfig.so.1 (0xf6543000)

libXext.so.6 => /usr/lib32/libXext.so.6 (0xf6533000)

libX11.so.6 => /usr/lib32/libX11.so.6 (0xf6416000)

libdl.so.2 => /lib32/libdl.so.2 (0xf6411000)

librt.so.1 => /lib32/librt.so.1 (0xf6408000)

/lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xf77cc000)

libbz2.so.1 => /lib32/libbz2.so.1 (0xf63f7000)

libexpat.so.1 => /usr/lib32/libexpat.so.1 (0xf63cd000)

libxcb.so.1 => /usr/lib32/libxcb.so.1 (0xf63b3000)

libXau.so.6 => /usr/lib32/libXau.so.6 (0xf63ae000)

libXdmcp.so.6 => /usr/lib32/libXdmcp.so.6 (0xf63a8000)

I have downgraded few media related 32bit compatibility libraries to previous version and even though that they provided the same version of libopenal.so libs CRJ loaded correctly - obviously with massive stutter but high FPS. So weird.To sum up:Windows7: <20FPS, no stutter as suchLinux: ~40FPS, massive stutteringKind regards,Kamil

Edited by crs

I think I have lost track of what works and what does not.

You managed to get it work on your Linux system by downgrading 32bit libraries?

Do you use the libQtGui and libQtCore that came with the CRJ or from your system /usr/lib32 ?

After you sorted this out you are back to square one with your system, which proved to be the most problematic AMD computer I erver saw :D

Well, I can only say that I MASSIVELY changed the rendering system for version 1.4, offloading more work to the GPU than the CPU, and I am curious how it will work out on your AMD system.

I interpret the line "it will not be bothering me next week" as "I ordered a new PC", am I right?

Philipp

Yes! ;-)

Downgrading 32bit libraries (openal, not Qt!) to previous available in package manager version helped with crashes. Still stutters.

I should get an iMac delivered early next week so might not be able to see if it will work on this machine any more. And as my problems were well isolated to my machine and system only, I should not be bothering you with them any longer.

Kind regards,

Kamil