Crosswind TOs/Landings in the Challenger

bpcw0001

Hi,

mostly a question to the real-world Challenger drivers.

The HS650 shows quite a strong roll tendency when applying rudder; much more than I am used to from other sim aircraft, and also quite different from the crates I used to fly in real life. This makes for some interesting challenges (yeah, pun) when de-crabbing on landing or straightening out crossed controls after liftoff in crosswind conditions.

While I can manage it alright, it surely results in some rolling since rudder and aileron input would have to be perfectly in sync to prevent this. Not easy, particularly with flightsim-quality hardware.

How does the "real" Challenger behave in that regard?

23 hours ago, bpcw0001 said:

Hi,

mostly a question to the real-world Challenger drivers.

The HS650 shows quite a strong roll tendency when applying rudder; much more than I am used to from other sim aircraft, and also quite different from the crates I used to fly in real life. This makes for some interesting challenges (yeah, pun) when de-crabbing on landing or straightening out crossed controls after liftoff in crosswind conditions.

While I can manage it alright, it surely results in some rolling since rudder and aileron input would have to be perfectly in sync to prevent this. Not easy, particularly with flightsim-quality hardware.

How does the "real" Challenger behave in that regard?

Although I have been learning the CL 650 for only a couple of weeks now, I have noticed the same thing.

On 8/23/2023 at 3:26 PM, RonMont said:

Although I have been learning the CL 650 for only a couple of weeks now, I have noticed the same thing.

From some crosswind situation Challenger videos, it appears they are not significantly banking left and right particularly on takeoff.

So either I just still suck at keeping wings level in such conditions, or the real Challenger‘s behavior is more stable.

• Upvote 1