Arturia BeatStep

PapaLazarou

Happy to report that this device (the basic one - not the pro) device works brilliantly with  XMidiCtrl. (I am not affiliated with Arturia in any way).

Got one for a good price recently on a well known online shopping site to use with my Korg Volca's and thought I'd try it out. It has 17 endless rotary encoders, and 16 pads which are able to light depending on the status of the switch with datarefs (something the Loupedeck Live is currently still lacking). In some ways it works better than the Loupedeck Live, for example the rotary encoder issue I have with the LD when using the Just Flight C152 just works perfectly out of the box.

It's able to store the configs on the device itself, so no need to have the software running (again this is better than the LD in this respect) and also hold multiple configs which you can recall from it's memory for different aircraft without using the software.

It is a little big, and it's a shame the shift key function isn't able in midi mode to be able to create a secondary layer on the device to create another set of pads and encoders, but still - for the price I'm happy with it. I've ordered an overlay sheet from ebay so I can label the buttons. A thumbs up from me. I think my Volca's will not be getting a look in for a while!

Cheers all.

Alan

• Like 1