Real Weather Connector Problem

Dizenrir

I recently purchased and installed both SkyMaxx Pro 5.1 and Real Weather Connector 1.2. I've read both manuals and installed according to the instructions. For weather, I'm using FSGRW 1.7 (dynamic download). Skymaxx appears to be running fine. However, when I interact with the Skymaxx plugin menu, there is no "Real World Weather" option to select. I've reread the manuals, thinking I missed a step but I followed everything.

I've read through the forums and I can't find anything that appears to match my problem.

I'm at a loss here.

Edit: I've attached my Log.txt and METAR.rwx files.

Log.txt METAR.rwx

Edited by Dizenrir

Interesting. I tried it myself and found no weather per the METER. I disabled RWC and re - enabled to work with Skymaxx, Active Sky. Active Sky with Skymax work beautifully together. I flew today with my recently installed ORBX for Florida from Miami to West Palm Beach. It was clear in Miami and halfway thru the flight these beautiful clouds appeared. When I was reaching KPBI it was raining. As I was landing I checked the weather on Active Sky. sure enough. So accurate. And a thunder storm. Even my librain showed moderate raindrops on my windshield. I was impressed.

I ended up getting ASXP, hoping a different weather program would solve my problem. It didn't work. I have no idea what is happening. I tried uninstalling Skymaxx Pro and RWC. I then reinstall them. Still no luck. I saw several Skymaxx functions are unavailable with Vulcan. I'm wondering is that could be the issue.

It usually is the problem. My system is all new and will do whatever I throw at it. I love X-Plane but the vulcan option I have is disabled. Even when librain is used, they say to disable Vulcan. Otherwise it wont work. Let me see how I got my Skymaxx ASXP set up. And I'll get back to you. That is if you have not got it yet. What is it that is not working?

Edited by woodrow

OK. ASXP pretty much runs on its own. It does not show up as plugin. Skymaxx Pro does. The way I configure Skymaxx, on the Configure Clouds, cloud area covered is 40000 sq km. Puff rotation, .02. God Rays off. Its a frame eater. Force Cirrus Layer, on. Reflections on water off. Another frame eater. Lens Flare, off. Cloud Terrain Blend softness, 500.00 Sky colors, your choice

Precipitation- streaks simulute blur. Behavior- Sync. Appearance- 2.00. Brightness- 2.00. Snowflakes 5.00

Select Cumulus. I have mine at Stormy

Overcast Texture. Mine at Stormy HD. Depending upon the speed of your system. If yours runs slow pick a SD.

On my cirrus texture I have mine at Ridges.

The beauty of ASXP. you can do flight plans. Go to conditions and pick man airport station (ICAO) you will see the weather conditions at that airport before you land. And there are others.

What is the closest airport you live? Or where do you fly out of?

Hope this helps a little. It works for me. Oh! Turn Vulcan off.

Edited by woodrow

Update: 

Suddenly, my weather was not even changing. I had the winds from the METAR but no visual of clouds, just a clear blue sky. I started searching to see if anyone else has had this happen to them. They said to put the simulator into windowed mode and it fixed to issue. So I figured I'd give it a try, since I was having no success with everything I was trying. Placing X-Plane into windowed mode immediately fixed the issue. I placed X-Plane back to full screen and all is still working. I now have "Real-World Weather" in my Skymaxx menu.

We have a storm going on right now and the clouds in X-Plane look pretty damn good. There is also virga. I don't recall seeing that prior to Skymaxx Pro.

Glad to see it worked. Like I say I still like ASXP. If it still doesn't work for you,  Make sure ASXP is installed correctly. I'm sure you know that. It does say when installing ASXP needs to know where X-Plane is. I don't know if RWC is compatible running side by side with ASXP. I tried them both together myself and I got no weather immersions. I didn't spend a lot of time with them. 

But with this saying play with the different options with RWC and Skymaxx. But again as saying I really do like ASXP better along SKYMAXX.  Good Luck. X-Plane is the best simulator.