BK117 new developments

Nicola_M

For those heli fans, I have found a way of getting more out of Nils' BK117.

Now we can have the option of switching the bear paws on or off, and also the radome and wire cutters independently, all done through the paint kit.  The items are still there, but totally invisible.

This means you can now have the radome model without the wire cutters,  or just the wire cutters but without the radome.

Looks much cleaner without the bear paws.  I've also found how to remove the landing gear step, but as the prototype was the only one without it, it'll only apply to me because I've done the prototype's livery.

Just sorting out minor details, but hoping to have this finalised in a paintkit in the next day or two.

Picture 1:  Radome ON, wire cutters OFF, bear paws OFF

Picture 2: Radome OFF, wire cutters ON, bear paws OFF

Picture 3: New seats.

You may also notice that the BK now has the correct door handle signs, fuel cap "Jet" logo, and fueling instructions on the rear flank.

post-3907-13136960921_thumb.jpg

post-3907-131369609219_thumb.jpg

post-3907-131369609225_thumb.jpg

The only way I can find to do this is to put six livery files in as one livery, each one different for the desired part to be selected. You load up your radome version of the BK117, and then in xplane you just select from one of the six variants of the supplied livery to give you the desired equipment level.

This is the best way I can think to do this, as I know a few people wanted to mix & match between radome, wire cutters and bear paws on the BK117.

So, future liveries of mine will follow the idea in the table below. (The key part is R-C-P (Radome/Cutters/Paws). Whichever one is switched off will have an "X")

Let me know guys, any interest in this among you heli pilots?

post-3907-131369609271_thumb.png

Okay it's finished.  You now have one livery for now, but with the choice of selecting any combination of Radome, wire cutters or bear paws on the BK117. Until now we were stuck with either everything on, or everything off. And some liveries look silly when they're only supposed to have the radome but not the cutters.

Hunnas on the other site also wanted a BK117 without the bear paws.  This now turns them off.

Download from: http://nicola.x-aviation.com/CN%207007%20D-HXXL%201-7.zip

This is really just to show what is now possible, but I don't think it's practical to make every livery weigh in at 40mb with 7 variations in it. If no one objects, I'll just use this new idea to make the livery look as close to the original aircraft as possible.  For example, the livery above and in the pictures below. D-HXXL in reality has no radome, no cutters and no paws. By modifying the non-radome png, it is possible to delete the paws. Of course, if you loaded up the radome model, then you'd get the lot - radome, cutters and paws, whether you wanted them or not.

10050936.jpg

1. X-X-X Radome, cutters and paws all OFF

2rxx.jpg

2. R-X-X Radome only. Cutters and paws OFF

3rcx.jpg

3. R-C-X Radome and cutters only. Paws OFF.

4rcp.jpg

4. R-C-P Radome, cutters and paws all ON

5xcp.jpg

5. X-C-P Radome OFF, cutters and paws ON

6rxp.jpg

6. R-X-P Radome ON, cutters OFF, paws ON

7xcx.jpg

7. X-C-X Radome OFF, cutters ON, paws OFF