[SOLVED] FMS - flightplan bug

Hi guys,

xesterday i tested the new CRJ three times (EDDS-LOWW, LOWW-EDDS AND the tutorial-flight LEVC-LESA). In all the flights I had the same problems with the flight plan:

- The inserted flightplan will not be displayed correct.

- The aircraft stop follow the flightplan during the flight.

The following 2 photos show the problem at the last, the tutorial flight. In the tutorial i can see the correct one (pg.41 fig.87).

fms1.png

fig.1

fms2.png

fig.2

I have not seen any discontinuity in flightplan. Any ideas?

Perhaps this problem is in relationship with an other issue, which i have only when i quit x-plane with the loaded CRJ200? (http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=2145.0).

I use x-plane 9.69 on fedora 14 (64bit). I only use one plugin. The name of the plugin is XAcars (http://www.xacars.net/XAcars/XAcars.html).

best regards,

Markus

Update:

- For the screenshots i have reinstalled the CRJ to restore the originial NAV-DATA-Cycle. If I install the new AIRAC Cylce from Navigraph, i have the same problems.

Hello,

now i have installed x-plane and the crj on my notebook running fedora 14 (32bit). Unfortunately, the problems are the same.

Because the error occurs always, is there anything I can do to help with a solution (versions, logs, etc. ..)?

It is very difficult to fly when the fms not work properly.

best regards

Markus

Hi,

i have made a little pdf-file which contains some screenshots to describe the problem a little better. In my case this is not only a display problem. (Perhaps an user-error, but i hope you can say me if it is).

You can download the pdf from my site: http://grie22.synserver.de/fms-problem.pdf

A link to my Log.txt you can find here: http://grie22.synserver.de/Log.txt

The IRS was asigned correctly and no other errors are displayed in any way...

best regards,

Markus

You are seeing two entirely different problems here:

The pdf shows that at first, you haven't captured the flightplan at all - the magenta text line (active waypoint) is still showing 29, which is the departure runway. This means you didn't couple the FMS before takeoff. But you can easily solve this by entering a direct-to, as you did.

On the last page however, I cannot see what your problem is - the direct-to is working, the aicraft is heading to the GRZ VOR.

The line that is drawn in PLAN mode sometimes is completely unrelated to this.

The latter is definitely a bug. The former seems like pilot error.

Philipp

Hi Philip,

thanks for your quick response.  ;)

Look at the image on page 9 in my pdf. I have activated the coords. Page 10 show you the position from the fms.

I never can pass GRZ with the course from FMS. I have splitted the last screenshot on page 9 and 10 for better readable.

best regards

Markus

Hi Philipp,

i have done some further tests and found problems by the position detection of the FMS. That would explain why i cannot follow my flightplan as well. Perhaps i made a mistake, so i have created a little pdf to show you every step i do to reproduce the problem.

Link to the pdf-file: http://grie22.synserver.de/fms-problem-v2.pdf

best regards,

Markus

UPDATE:

In that moment, I have noticed that I get different coordinates for LESA than in the Tutorial:

LESA.png

In the file "{XPLANE9}/JRollonPlanes/NavData/airports.dat" i have found on line 6294 following line, which seems to be correct:

LESA 40.952025  -5.502022

Hope this will help,

best regards

Markus

Thanks.

Now this is interesting.

I can by no means reproduce this error. I tried several times, and I hit Graz VOR spot on.

But you posted the most likely cause of the error: The coordinates are not read correctly from the database.

When I load LESA, I get the exact same coordinates as in the tutorial.

Did you update the navdata already?

To narrow down the cause of your problem, would you please re-install the CRJ so your Database on the STATUS page reads "1103 (10/MAR/2011 - 06/APR/2011)"?

If it works then, there is a problem with the latest Navigraph update.

Philipp

Hi,

i have tested both, the "original" 1103 and the new one from navigraph (1105).

In the last hour i have tested several airports. In all cases i get the same error.

On which linux distribution and version you try to reproduce the error?

Are there any other requirements ore librarys needed to work?

best regards

Markus

Strange error. I'm a bit out of ideas right now.

CRJ is tested with openSuse 11.3, 11.4, Ubuntu 10.10 and 11.04.

If there was a library mismatch, the CRJ should not have loaded in the first place.

Are there any other systems you can test on?

Philipp

Hi guys,

i have now tested the crj on the openSUSE system. The coords in the fms for LESA (and all other airports i have tested yesterday) are correct.

opensuse-crj200.png

Any further ideas how i can help to solve this problem?

best regards,

Markus

Thank you for this.

Glad you have a working setup now.

Can you tell me the exact specification (build number, kernel version, ...) of the Linux distro where it didn't work? Preferably a download link? So I can check what the underlying problem was?

Philipp

Hi Philipp,

i think you have misunderstood me. I can only fly on the fedora system, on which the problem still exist.

With my test on virtualbox, the "OpenSuse-Installation", i want to see the fms in the tested environment to exclude that the problem is sitting in front of the screen.  :D

System-Information:

- Fedora Linux 14 (32Bit and 64Bit)

- all available updates are installed

- kernel: 2.6.35.13-91

- http://fedoraproject.org/

best regards,

Markus

Hello !  :D

The coordinates are not read correctly from the database.

When I load LESA, I get the exact same coordinates as in the tutorial.

I did not see this in the 1st post from Markus, but now in the openSUSE screenshot, I see Markus is using a german version of openSUSE.

Markus, can you please check the value of 'RC_LC_NUMERIC' in '/etc/sysconfig/language' in Fedora and openSUSE ?

It looks like a decimal point/comma problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark

Wow! MdMax, now that is a good input !!!

Despite I'm german, I use the english locale everywhere, even on Windows, so it never occured to me that there might be a problem with the German locale.

I will try that as soon as I'm at my Linux rig again.

Philipp