Anyone From FA 1.5 2.0 or AH ?

Defiance_co

Hiya's,

You never know so here's to asking

Any simmers from Fighter Ace 1.5 or 2.0

Or from Aces-High

I was in a Barclays Bank in LLandrindod Wells 1997 ? i think it was, i was behind a rather tall middle aged texan guy, he wanted to wire-transfer some money, the cashier (teller to people across the pond) was a bit bemused

He mentioned a mainframe and the internet amongst other things

The chat being rather hard to miss got me thinking, i did my banking and went into a news agents by the bank, got me a pc magazine, later that evening i got reading

A few days later i was on dialup at 1p min off-peak 2p min peak (after a fast run down to Cardiff for a modem)

I stumbled across Fighter Ace 1.5 i think it was on a cd from the magazine, got into that, after a while i was asked to be in a beta, had input and spoke with amazing pilots

Ended up doing beta FA 2.0, at the same time a tester put me onto Aces-High, got in that beta, ended up doing weird stuff with Hi-Tech lol, if anyone remembers when vehicles came into the sim, he would let me use invisible tanks, for testing without being seen in the arena, his coding passion was trajectory coding, hence tanks etc, the aircraft seemed to be a means to an end for him

I ended up flying that sim right after getting in from work and through til the small hours, weekends i was like a zombie flying, but heck, i had a blast for years

If anyone did use those sims and remember any of my nicks, drop a post by. it'd be good to chat with guys i used to fly with there

Nicks across all sims ranged from to name a few

gumpygumpy Titanium Defiance Defiance_co

The Flying Musketeers besides my own squad i flew in in AH, used to fly for Rooks mainly

Maybe someone on here had the same passion especially for AH all those years ago

Ohh, i don't miss the quarterly 600+ sterling phone bills though :D

And of course, good old Roger Wilko chats hehe

Have Fun

Tony