x-plane crashing on Mac when playing youtube

tunfiskur

Hi,

I´m playing x-plane 10 on Mac 27" (mid 2015) on yosemite

It was all good first when I bought the computer in august 2015 but then it started to crash a lot and specially when playing video on youtube (use it

for looking for tutorials) If I wasn´t playing youtube it crashed anyway when flying longer than 40-50 min - Yesterday I upgraded the memory from 8GB to 16GB and

I flew from Geneva to Barcelona with tutorial playing in youtube on and off, without crashing - I couldn´t believe it - just like a new computer

Today I was flying again, just 10 minutes from take-off, opened youtube and it´crashed again - it´s always the same, computer freezes with hickup sound (stuttering) for 10 seconds

until Mac restarts.

Any ideas what can cause this?

Do you have NVIDIA card? If so, try installing NVIDIA Web driver from here:  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306535-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-el-capitan-update-05252016/

Choose the one for your OS version.

P.S. just noticed that you are running Yosemite. the drivers from the above link are for the 10.11.* El Capitan. You may want to consider upgrading your OS and then use the NVIDIA Web drivers.

Edited by XPlanePort

Hi XPlanePort,

No, I have AMD Radeon graphic card

I just noticed today that x-plane froze also just when on facebook on google chrome. I thought it might be related to chrome and tried safari. ok, I could fly for 30 minutes without x-plane crashing. Than I started another flight and before takeoff it crashed with safari open (no youtube)

So it´s not related with just youtube thou playing tutorials on youtube have crashed x-plane all the time.

But after double my memory from 8 to 16GB x-plane runs smoother and computer is faster over all but still crashing - might be related to proccessor

maybe or graphic card