Winter_Package 1.1 from Albert Laubi available!

alpilotx

Now, another winter replacement texture pack for X-Plane 10 has become available!

Directly from the "father" of the original XP10 textures - Albert Laubi - himself. These textures are not "official" in any way, just an "experiment" and a gift from him to the community! They can be seen as another alternative to the already discussed Russian interpretation of the winter theme. Alberts textures might also be a good alternative for all of you, who have FPS issues with the Russian textures (Albert did not apply normal maps all over the place ... which can be quite heavy on less powerful GPUs if used to extensively ...and its visual appeal is also questionable in places - but this is just a plain question of taste I think).

Pleas be aware, that this packages is really "only" a big set of replacement textures with a detailed readme to tell you how to replace the original textures. At the moment it has no "integration" with scripts like SimpleSeasons because Albert has not much time (nor knowledge) to do this himself. So, if anyone here has time / interest / knowledge to help Albert integrate his fantastic work with - for example - SimpleSeasons, then please feel free to contact him and give him a hand (many other users will be thankful too)!

IMPORTANT: this texture package is NOT from me, but from Albert Laubi (I am only helping him to get the word out, because he is a very good and long term friend of mine, with whom we worked on X-Plane since many years). So, if you have specific questions, suggestions, tips or want to give him a hand with SimpleSeason, please contact him directly (for example via the Org ... his users there is: Xflyer )

post-7236-0-44004100-1417251471_thumb.jp

And here is the download

http://forums.x-plan...&showfile=24997

Edited by alpilotx
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

So in order to get a snowy landscape (same I have outside now), is following scenery pack setup a good start before following Xflyer's instruction of replacing files?:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/world-models/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/OpenSceneryX/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Europe_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ff_library_extended_LOD/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/R2_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Osm_Europe/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/zzz_hd_global_scenery3/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/zzz_Treelines_Farms_Europe_v2/