Wayne Roberts

Why developers continue with there projects,after reading some of the comments that are written about them

I  was reading the posts about the upcoming 757 from Ramzzass.

I was really disappointed  by all the negative comments about it,it has not been released yet,there are only a few release pictures and 1 video.

Its being compared to other aircraft,in a simulator  that is always being updated and therefore allows more functionality to be added as time and updates go bye.

I wounder how many of the people who do the picking apart of the aircraft, have the ability to produce such complex creations as these planes are.

Wait until its released see how the first buyers feel about it,then make an informed decisions to purchase,don't rip it apart based on development picture or vids.

Wayne Roberts

the 757 is a nice jet compared to the 777, and I sincerely believe that dramatizes has done a better job with the plane. The problem with Ramzzess, however, is that he overlooks the finer visual details of the plane and ignores them once he's released the plane itself. 

Regarding your third statement, "I wounder how many of the people...", it's not about one's ability to build a plane, but one's knowledge of a plane that is being demonstrated in the criticism. Ramzzess is an extremely talented coder and to a lesser extent, a modeler  but even he can over look the fine details and nuances in the design of a plane. Although I, for example, can't build a plane as technologically advanced as Ramzzess, I still can recognize that the plane has incorrect design properties. You don't need to know how to model to know that a replica of a real life object is not correct. I think that most people who defend payware builders or simply dislike critics overlook the fact that they are in fact replicating a plane, and that when we're paying 50+ dollars for a replica, we expect quite a bit of detail being put into the plane, especially if those who are putting out 30$ planes and freeware can do an equally good job.

This doesn't mean that I think all the criticism is merited, however there is a fair share of criticism that does know what's wrong with the modelling and how it should be fixed, and in my opinion, that's the information that a modeler has to absorb quickly so as to prevent errors from being produced in the final product.

Your last statement, Wait until it's released is a major no-no in my opinion. I've found that although Ramzzess actively gives help with your own projects, he tends not to listen to the criticism, constructive or destructive given to him. I personally think it'd be easier to get that information over to him before the plane is released, because he would still have many of the source files ready for editing.

This is all my opinion, yes, a lot of the criticism is without merit, but a few points should be investigated further.

• Upvote 4

Criticism is easy; achievement is more difficult.  - Winston Churchill

Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

Edited by Michael_Chang
  • Upvote 1

I bet you're proud of yourself for finding that one.  But you entirely missed the point.  I never intimated that criticism doesn't serve a purpose.

The unhealthy state of things here is that you spend too much time throwing stones at other people's work and don't get enough of your own done.

• Upvote 4