Runway SVT

jeff64

Hello all

Since the release of the TBM, I was astonished at how the runway was small on the SVT.

I fly on a (real) G500 equipped aircraft, and you have a good depiction of the runway at least to 10 miles, which allows you to correctly place your flight path vector on the runway threshold on the PFD.

In the TBM, you only can distinguish a small box, and the runway really appears when you are a few miles to it.

Lately I did a flight on this G500 aircraft, and on final, noticed that the runway depiction on the SVT was similar to the TBM one.

And suddenly, I understood the reason : this specific day, I was doing conventional IFR training without programming the GPS. The aircraft did not know which runway I was going to, and for this reason, did not painted the runway until the short final.

SO, THIS MEANS the HOT START TBM SVS Runway depiction is not correct, cause it does not differenciate if the runway is part of the flightplan (in which case it needs to be depicted very early on the PFD)  or if the runway/airport is not part of the flightplan in which case the depiction is currently correct.

Thank you for taking this into consideration in a futur update.