Xplane11

marino

Hi guys

If I upgrade to Xplane 11,does it affect my addons Jar design 330 and 320 NEON airbus and the IXEP 737 300 classic installation,or do I need to eninstall everything and re install them again,how about the performance is it affected? from what I can see on the post there is no much of a difference accept water landing and more airport movement,no pluggin needed,in Xplane 10,some of the airport has no buildings, just runnways and upron no buildings,does xplane11 made changes to that.

Many Thanks.

Marino.....I'm brand new to XPlane so perhaps others can answer you better....however, here's my observations so far.

I downloaded and installed the X-Plane 11 "demo" and subsequently purchased a short time later.  With that purchase, I was given X-Plane 10, so I also installed it.

In my opinion X-Plane 11 is far better....almost like an entirely new program.

As far as your add-on's......from what I've read, scenery files will install nicely (I haven't read any reports of them not).....however, aircraft may or may not work as well as other add-on's.

Hopefully someone more experienced can provide you with more details.

Cheers!!

Hiya,

Not got any Jar items yet, but the IXEG 737 you can copy/paste the folders across, if in doubt re-install pointing to xp11

As for performance, she still gives me the same and definately not any worse, so much so i never even thought to worry about it or even check it lol

I have some planes that have tiny screwball issues, undercarriage niggles mainly for me

Ohh my FF 767-300er pops up a warning about betas not supported, just ignore and she fine for me

As long as you copy or backup just try each one, also on the org, they started a list of ones working and ones that can ctd etc

Plugins, now that's a different kettle of fish, just add one at a time if you can and check along the way, some plugins can cause weird behaviour, keep mins to a minimum and in beta hardly any anyways

Tony

Edited by Defiance_co
Abusing the Queens English

Our beloved greedy Jardesign wants 20 bucks fee for upgrading their A330 for X11. And they didnt say anything yet abiut A320 upgrade. Looks like A320 is an abandoned project since they sold it out to most of the potential users.

I decided not to buy an official upgrade yet for A330 and using my X10 version in X11. It works in general but with some bugs. I can say it's FPS unfriendly in X11 though.

IXEG 737 works quite well and shows decent FPS performance. But IXEG team promised a free update to all their X10 users.

P.S. I am flying X11 in Oculus VR only and it's amazing! Old X10 add-ons also shines in X11 so I jumped away from X10 regardless of the incompatibility issues I have with the priloducts at the moment.

Cheers, V

• Upvote 1

Heya V,

I've not fired up xp10 since first day release of xp11

I can see both sides as per update fee for stuff from 10 to 11, there's work involved, so work = wage = surviving, pricing err well, not got many planes that i think will get an initial update for 11 so i'm yet to see costs etc, obviously very recent purchasers are gonna feel a bit miffed about having to splash on an update, if prices do get out of hand, do like most i guess, vote with your wallet

The SSG 747-8 combo i have has been slated to have a update err well a v2 solely for 11, this is a paid upgrade/update to existing owners, no idea cost, i'll say though i'm 99% certain i'll pay what they want for a v2 as i like the bird so much

Only been an xp addict for 12mths, must admit though, all my paywares have took some abuse in this short time lol, had my monies worth from all of them over that time hehe

For me 10 and 11 are different species, so with that in mind i'm in the mindset of having to pay something for 11 compatibility, just gonna use my noodle as to if/when i have to pay for 11 updates etc

VR i've never even tried, maybe i'll check out a tester at a shop by me after xmas

Back onto the cost, the most fair way of updates etc i can ever see if on purchase you get x amount of days free updates, but, like now with 11 upon us, it would be nice to be forewarned about upcoming paid patches/updates, but again this is a two edged sword somewhat

If they did forewarn then a lot of companies see this as a lost revenue time as potential purchasers decline, but for my thinking, i would give kudos for forewarning, so if i was interested in the eg xp10 version i would certainly wait and snap the xp11 version up, kinda feeling nice and somewhat loyal to that developer

Anyays, waffle mode off lol

Have Fun

Tony