• TorqueSim Releases BN-2 Islander

Cameron

TorqueSim has released the BN-2 Islander on X-Aviation! You can pick up your copy today.

The BN-2 Islander is a light twin regional airliner and utility aircraft and is still widely flown today. Thanks to its rugged construction and excellent short-field performance, this aircraft can be found with operators all over the world. The model simulated is the BN-2B-26, equipped with 2 Lycoming O-540 engines.

Head on over to the store to purchase the BN-2 Islander!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi, just completed my first flight, Love it!  a few issues. I am using Precision Flight Controls hardware, (C2 Professional Console, Advanced digital avionics and cirrus rudder pedals)  All avionics are working, flight controls, throttle quadrant, flaps and trim wheel, parking brake, rudder pedals and brakes all working. Non of my switches for lights and electrics are communicating with the sim (I have to use the mouse) My hardware works with every aircraft I have in XPlane 11...…..can we get a fix for this? Lot of cash investment just sitting here that's a big detractor for this product if it wont communicate with my hardware fully. Thanks

Have you by any chance looked into the custom commands? Search for "afm" when setting new bindings, those are our custom commands, that should hopefully solve this for ya. Let us know if it does not. Cheers~

Edited by Attitude

Die Maschine ist nicht schlecht, jedoch der Sound von außen ist nicht gut. Leider... Ich hoffe da wird noch nachgebessert.

The machine is not bad, but the outside sound is not good. Unfortunately ... I hope there will be some improvements.

Congratulations go out to the Torque Sim Team that put together this wonderful bird.

This is my first aircraft from Torque Sim and a happy customer.

Looking forward to see the next update with the integration of GTN 750.

Hope that you continue to develop aircraft for X-Plane.

X-Plane needs a Team like yours, "A Cut Above The Rest"

THANKS

Just picked this aircraft up .. love it .. but I have noticed some odd things about the sound that probably means I am doing something wrong:

No volume change when I open the window hatch;

No ground-roll sounds at all;

No touchdown tire-squeal;

Grateful for any light somebody could shed on this !

1 hour ago, julianlockwood said:

Just picked this aircraft up .. love it .. but I have noticed some odd things about the sound that probably means I am doing something wrong:

No volume change when I open the window hatch;

No ground-roll sounds at all;

No touchdown tire-squeal;

Grateful for any light somebody could shed on this !

Download the update. Any further issues after that, use the support forum. :)

http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/forum/240-bn-2-islander/

8 hours ago, Dave93UK said:

Looks great! but the Lycomings sound awful. In real life sound much more 'Beefier'. The sound is putting me off buying it but otherwise as I say looks good.

The sounds were re-done in the 1.0.1 update.

Hi, 

Recently I bought the BN-2 Islander from X-Avitation. I like the airplane very much. There is only one anomaly that I encounter. The popup window of the RXP GTN-750 has no bezel. Because of this I cannot move the popup window over the screen. Also the buttons on the bezel like the important D-> (Direct-to) button is missing for the lack of the bezel. See the attached screenshot. In the default (startup) position of the RXP GTN-750 object it has a bezel. It works OK (see 2nd screenshot).

2020-06-29_14h50_X-Aviation_BN-2_Islander_GTN750_popup_no_bezel.png

2020-07-01_15h41_BN-2_Island_Hopper_appr_RW27_EGLC.png

On 7/11/2020 at 7:56 AM, paulsk said:

Hi, 

Recently I bought the BN-2 Islander from X-Avitation. I like the airplane very much. There is only one anomaly that I encounter. The popup window of the RXP GTN-750 has no bezel. Because of this I cannot move the popup window over the screen. Also the buttons on the bezel like the important D-> (Direct-to) button is missing for the lack of the bezel. See the attached screenshot. In the default (startup) position of the RXP GTN-750 object it has a bezel. It works OK (see 2nd screenshot).

Post in the support forums if you need assistance. :)