• Aerobask Releases DA50 RG

Cameron

Aerobask has released their DA50 RG. You can find it on the X-Plane.org store with a retail price of $39.95 USD.

The full feature list is as follows:

Aerobask quality 3D model

• Fully functional virtual 3D cockpit, with smooth and VR-friendly manipulators.
    • High quality 3D model with high resolution PBR textures (4K).

Accurate flight model

• Flight model by X-Aerodynamics

Enhanced Laminar G1000

• --> Synthetic Vision technology by OscarPilote superb!
    • Fully Integrated Laminar Garmin G1000 with custom EIS and annunciations
    • Touch screen features for easy handling

Systems

• Customized FADEC/ECU with test procedure.
    • Simulated oxygen system.
    • Simulated ice protection system.
    • MD302: custom coded Standby Attitude Module.
    • Fully functional breakers (configurable reliability).

Other

• Smooth wingflex
    • Windshield effects: reflections. Rain and frost only available with X-Plane 12 aircraft version.
    • Visual icing effect on the wings.
    • Many parameters saved between flights.
    • Configurable pilots (male or female), passengers and luggage.
    • Skunkcraft Updater

High quality sounds

• Full FMOD environment by Daniela Rodriguez Careri
    • Accurate doppler, distance attenuation and flyby effects.
    • In-game volume control without pausing the sim

Liveries

• 8 beautiful 4K liveries out of the box
    • White (for painters) and additional liveries available through the Aerobask website

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I’ve a catalog of Aerobasks aircraft.. and visually they are stunning..  but they are being let down by small inaccuracies of aircraft defining features. The DA50RG falls into this common fault with Aerobask.  

flight model I will take aeroasks word on as the DA50 is still very new to the market and I’ve no real world experience of it.. the G1000 again still needs a big upgrade but no one wants to tackle this. ☹️

for me personally though.. it’s the throttle and lack of throttle gate the real world DA50 has.. it’s a catastrophic error to not implement that feature. Especially when we see throttle gates in almost every turbo prop that’s been developed in Xplane11 modelled and switch bound.

diamond advertise the 50 as “the plane any pilot can land, and land well”

why, because you simply get into ground affect pull to flight idle and pitch 2-3 degrees nose up and the plane will do the rest. 

that is completely missed with this release and to try get some accuracy requires a fair amount of messing with settings on the throttle curves.

everything else visually and the sounds are stunning.. just needs refining 

Sounds like you have real-world experiences flying Diamond aircraft.  Therefore, I respect your opinion and your feedback is duly noted.  I hope Aerobask will address the issues you mentioned in the future.

I've noticed that almost every X-Plane developer uses Laminar Research's implementation of the G1000 (to some extent). Unfortunately, it doesn't compare, feature by feature, to its real-world counterpart.  I'm hoping LR will make the SDK for the avionics platform easier for developers to modify in XP12.

Thanks for pointing out one of the shortcomings in the DA50RG. A good (sim) pilot is always learning. :)