SmartPilot (Shared Cockpit) Partners

jsnapp

**** When posting your interest in flying with others, please be sure to include your TIME ZONE and general times of day/week you like to fly. ****

Thought maybe we could start a thread for people who want to find partners for flying with the smartpilot plugin now that Claude has created an early draft config file for it!   Thanks Claude!!! 

I myself am looking for a captain to fly with.   I'm located in California (PST time zone), and evenings and weekends work for me. 

Edited by jsnapp

Great idea. I'm available to test Smartcopilot. Europe time at evenings and weekends. It would be good to make the first tests offline and then go online on vatsim/ivao for full immersion. TS3 for internal comms, xsb/TS2 for ATC comms. A common checklist has to be prepared (better if shared here).

Cris

10 hours ago, jsnapp said:

Thought maybe we could start a thread for people who want to find partners for flying with the smartpilot plugin now that Claude has created an early draft config file for it!   Thanks Claude!!! 

I myself am looking for a captain to fly with.   I'm located in California (PST time zone), and evenings and weekends work for me. 

4 hours ago, crisk73 said:

Great idea. I'm available to test Smartcopilot. Europe time at evenings and weekends. It would be good to make the first tests offline and then go online on vatsim/ivao for full immersion. TS3 for internal comms, xsb/TS2 for ATC comms. A common checklist has to be prepared (better if shared here).

Cris

Hi friends,

With a such long distance, success is not guaranteed.

To understand what happen between your computers, have look on the ping (displayed on the smartco popup), launch a tracert command in a CMD window, or use this site:

http://ping.eu/traceroute/

Happy landings.

Waiting for a crew member to fly European routes, already tested it with my US collegue, works perfect.

Mostly airBaltic, Belavia, UIA routes, English only.

My name is Denis, UTC+3, call me on skype vyll95, VATSIM/IVAO as well as streams are possible.

Regards,

Denis

Edited by VYLL

I´d also like to fly with a partner. Never tried it before but I did my purchase yesterday. CEST time for me, available on the evenings and weekends.

I fly both on Vatsim/IVAO and offline.

I´m interested in all types of routes.

My name is Julius. German, English and Spanish for me. Just contact me for further details ;).

Kind regards,

Julius

Im available most evenings from 20:00 amsterdam time. I fly ivao and usually 1 hr flights max. Lufthansa livery. 

I use port forwarding in my router instead of hamachi. Port forwarding is really easy. Works best if you give your xp pc a static ip.

A good ts3 channel that i use is "fsx fra".

I am available to try, UK based, 37 Years old with over 1000 hours in the NGX, Fly on VATSIM, up to 4.5 hours flight times out of UK for Jet2 preferred but not a must.

My name is Simon and only speak English, let me know if want to fly this magnificent plane together.

Wow, we have a lot of European pilots in here!   Thats great, and I hope you guys all get going flying with each other.   Since I am on the West Coast US (PST, UTC-8) it is a bit hard to fly with pilots located in Europe, but hope to some time!

Justin

On 9-5-2016 at 0:28 PM, Wynthorpe said:

I am available to try, UK based, 37 Years old with over 1000 hours in the NGX, Fly on VATSIM, up to 4.5 hours flight times out of UK for Jet2 preferred but not a must.

My name is Simon and only speak English, let me know if want to fly this magnificent plane together.

holy crap dude 1000+ hrs.....4,5 hr flights?!!?!  All hail the king! ;)

4 hours ago, cmbaviator said:

I can be interested too.

i'm from France but i've never flown online.

CMB

it's a bit weird and nerdy in the beginning, but very addictive, much nicer than AI traffic. Good for task management exercise too, with all the stuff you need to readback while turning knobs etc ;)

Edited by sparkie66

@crisk73 I couldn't agree more.    The cool thing about flying with another pilot, besides the element of task management being added, and having someone to talk through procedures with (as opposed to trying to force yourself to just talk out loud to yourself) is that after a short while you no longer see the cockpit as something you are just simulating.  Because it is shared, it is real, and you feel you are flying in someone else's plane. 

In the very beginning it felt a bit like there was a ghost onboard flipping switches for me, but very quickly I felt like I was in a plane I had stepped aboard and I was lending a hand to get it from point A to point B safely and efficiently!  Very cool indeed.

Edited by jsnapp
  • Upvote 2

no one eh? Fine, be that way, I went alone! ;) u totally missed this

Could have used a co btw, approach forgot me and made me overshoot the ils so i continued by hand. You really miss a co then.

2nd chance tomorrow eve ;) 

requirements

• latest smartcopilot cfg
  • IXEG 1.03 ;)
  • preferably fsgrw, not sure if server pushes the weather to the client alright. (no biggie if u dont have fsgrw, we use ivap weather)
    • I use fsgrw with the 1 time static weather d/l (this gives me no hickups during flight, and not much changes in 1 hour anyway)
  • smartcopilot2
  • port forward in router to your pc ip (really simple to do, i can explain in ts3 if need be)
  • cold/dark 733 start
  • preferably x-ivap for the atc from ivao
  • TS3 for internal chat (i use a server called FSX FRA, which is almost always empty and make a temp channel there with pw)
  • vodka (or beer/wine if that's your thing)
  • Upvote 2

On 5/14/2016 at 9:07 PM, sparkie66 said:

no one eh? Fine, be that way, I went alone! ;) u totally missed this

Could have used a co btw, approach forgot me and made me overshoot the ils so i continued by hand. You really miss a co then.

2nd chance tomorrow eve ;) 

requirements

• latest smartcopilot cfg
  • IXEG 1.03 ;)
  • preferably fsgrw, not sure if server pushes the weather to the client alright. (no biggie if u dont have fsgrw, we use ivap weather)
    • I use fsgrw with the 1 time static weather d/l (this gives me no hickups during flight, and not much changes in 1 hour anyway)
  • smartcopilot2
  • port forward in router to your pc ip (really simple to do, i can explain in ts3 if need be)
  • cold/dark 733 start
  • preferably x-ivap for the atc from ivao
  • TS3 for internal chat (i use a server called FSX FRA, which is almost always empty and make a temp channel there with pw)
  • vodka (or beer/wine if that's your thing)

Hello Sparkie,

Im free on Sunday eve to fly with you if you are free? I am able to fill all requirements except FSGRW (Dont have that yet).

Thanks

Simon

15 minutes ago, Wynthorpe said:

Hello Sparkie,

Im free on Sunday eve to fly with you if you are free? I am able to fill all requirements except FSGRW (Dont have that yet).

Thanks

Simon

Ok cool. Ill try to be there @ 20.00 and open the fsx fra ts3 so we can set up the ip stuff and port forwarding. I use the latest smart copilot. The version without weather. We will just use the ivao weather then. (Rwc to 2nd setting).

Eham-eddf would be a nice hop. But  we can do something else too.

-roland

4 minutes ago, sparkie66 said:

Ok cool. Ill try to be there @ 20.00 and open the fsx fra ts3 so we can set up the ip stuff and port forwarding. I use the latest smart copilot. The version without weather. We will just use the ivao weather then. (Rwc to 2nd setting).

Eham-eddf would be a nice hop. But  we can do something else too.

-roland

Sounds good to me Roland, I'll install Ivapp tonight and make sure i can use it again properly (vatsim flier normally).

EHAM-EDDF is a good choice, what scenery? 

I'll forward ports this evening also so we dont have to mess about.

any of you get online flying in shared to work?

in x-ivap it just doesnt appear to work. While this works flawlessly in fsx/p3d, the ivai won't let the 2nd ivap client connect. Seems to be an aknowledged bug/limitation. For now this only leaves the option of only one pilot connect to the network, which is kind of a non solution. The other has to manually connect to the TS2 servers along the way, and won't see online traffic.

vatsim is the same.

A shame XP userbase is too small still, no one seems to care about these shortcomings at this time.