Few bugs I noticed

laurenguy

Hey Guys,

First let me say this - Great aircraft. as an avid 737-200 fan, taking it up a notch to the 300 is truly amazing and you did a great job. well done. 

So far I collected almost 30 hours on the plane and enjoy it very much, but I noticed a few bugs that I didn't see that were reported (There is a slight possibility that some of them are not bugs, and only occur due poor airmanship, in that case - please do tell :) ).

1. The gross weight of the aircraft does not change and update automatticaly (ZFW+Fuel on board) during the flight in the CDU. The main problem with this is when I try to check the approach speeds, it calculates according to the takeoff gross weight, which is way off. I have to enter manually the new estimated gross weight just before approach for it to calculate correctly. It also effects the VNAV of course.
  2. Even with the new hotfix I get soft crashes when selecting SID or STARS. I'm using 1605 navigraph. For example - The star OSTAL1K & OSTAL1F at LROP causes that. Any idea why ?
  3. I constantly get low oil pressure in the right engine (slightly above the amber line). Altough it's still ok and good to go, I don't know why is that.
  4. The top of climb marker looks like a constant and still appears tens of miles ahead of me altough I already reached the TOC.

Thanks guys

Hi and thanks for the feedback!

1. This is a bug, and we will fix it with the next update
  2. Ok, we will take a look at that - Tom has a good fix in for the next update relating to STAR selection...
  3. During idle on ground, oil pressure should be in the yellow range, this is realistic. During takeoff, it just needs to be "in the green", exact pressure would vary
  4. Some work to do with the ToC marker. It´s perfectly normal to not hit it "exactly", same in the real plane. But when at crz, in the real plane it simply gets deleted. Tuning of these kind of functions will ensue shortly (after fixing the gizmo softcrashes)

Thanks again, Jan

1 minute ago, Litjan said:

Hi and thanks for the feedback!

1. This is a bug, and we will fix it with the next update
  2. Ok, we will take a look at that - Tom has a good fix in for the next update relating to STAR selection...
  3. During idle on ground, oil pressure should be in the yellow range, this is realistic. During takeoff, it just needs to be "in the green", exact pressure would vary
  4. Some work to do with the ToC marker. It´s perfectly normal to not hit it "exactly", same in the real plane. But when at crz, in the real plane it simply gets deleted. Tuning of these kind of functions will ensue shortly (after fixing the gizmo softcrashes)

Thanks again, Jan

2. It's in mid-cruise. It is in the green zone, but almost touching the amber. 

Another quick question - The failures are auto-generated or I have to select one from the ixeg menu ? If it's not automatic, do you inted to develop this feature in the future ?

Ok, we will look into increasing oil pressure a bit in the future, I agree that it is a bit lower than in the real plane ;-)

Automatic failures is yet to come - we have some failures that you can trigger yourself in the "failures" menu, and some failures from the X-Plane failures work (engine failure, fire, ....) Since we control a lot of features through our plugin, you will get mixed results with the X-Plane failures, though.

Jan

Laurenguy,

For number 1, I've found that if you return to PERF INIT and wait a second the GW will update itself for fuel burn and then the approach ref GW updates also. Just in case you want an alternative to manual calculation/entry :blink:

Cheers

James

15 minutes ago, hughesj2 said:

Laurenguy,

For number 1, I've found that if you return to PERF INIT and wait a second the GW will update itself for fuel burn and then the approach ref GW updates also. Just in case you want an alternative to manual calculation/entry :blink:

Cheers

James

Superb thanks

1 hour ago, hughesj2 said:

Laurenguy,

Cheers

James

That is true - the weights on the PERF INIT don´t update every frame, just every 2 seconds (we figured that you can´t really burn too much fuel in 2 seconds to warrant a higher frequency). The downside is that you sometimes see this small lag when switching to the PERF INIT page. Once that page updates, the changed GW is also transmitted to the APPROACH REF page. Unfortunately this won´t work without going to the PERF INIT first, so that is what we are fixing (looking into making it a smaller interval, too)

Jan