Message from a real 737 pilot

Morten

Hello,

My first flight with this aircraft, KOKC - KIAH, and I'm really stunned !!! Jawdropping, OMG how I love it... we've been waiting for this for a long time in XP.

Thanks so much for the effort and the support.

Now on the above topic, I also had VNAV that wouldn't engage because I only entered the arrival and approach later on in the flight.

This is something I mostly do on longer flights since about 150 nm to TOD I check the weather and decide on the arrival.

Kind regards
STefaan - EBOS

• Upvote 1

Known limitation, will be improved in the future. Also do make sure to avoid the PROG page as much as possible (like, entirely), it's still the most crash-prone page on the FMS…

I believe PROG may be improved upon significantly in 1.0.6, but don't quote me on that.

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

The IXEG 737 Classic is responsible for me, learning the many nuances of the X-Plane current Interface. I had the PMDG 737 600/700/800 in FSX but this is a sim I seldom use, these days. God love the old darling. It gave me many hours of anguish and enjoyment. The IXEG offering is absolutely wonderful and in a simulator with 64 bit architecture. Sure, I hope we get opening doors and alla that but right now, it's my favourite tubeliner to fly, in any sim. As to the interface: It took some learning for an old bloke and I look forward to XP 11 but right now everything is sensational. I just installed my new EVGA GTX 1080 8 gb card. There is definitely, a God. Thanks to the OP for sharing his opinion.

Jon

Edited by TheFly

• 4 weeks later...

Another nice feedback we received the other day from a real 737 pilot :)

Guys, I must congratulate you guys on what a fantastic product the IXEG 737 is!

I have just started work as a First Officer on 737 classics (mixed 300s and 400s) with xxxxx airline in xxxxx. For the past few months I have been using this product since the day it was released and I can categorically state that this is highly effective as a "study aircraft" in X-Plane and worth every penny! It helped me prepare for and get through my type rating, and I am still using it as a home study platform to help me get through my line training.

If there is any way I can contribute to the ongoing development of future versions, please feel welcome to ask any time, I will be delighted to assist.

Kind regards,

Allan

Edited by Morten
  • Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Morten unpinned this topic
  • 3 years later...
On 5/2/2016 at 1:31 PM, Morten said:

These are the recommended settings for the sliders.  Also make sure that your NULLZONE is big enough to cover any SLACK/DEADBAND in your hardware, or you might experience twitchyness during taxi on the ground and the aircraft banking by itself in manual flight.

Skjermbilde 2016-04-25 kl. 21.23.09.png

Sorry to bring up an old thread but, what are the recommened settings on X-Plane 11? The axes configuration menu is not quite the same...

18 hours ago, Alpha Floor said:

Sorry to bring up an old thread but, what are the recommened settings on X-Plane 11? The axes configuration menu is not quite the same...

Hi Jaime,

the old "configuration" pretty much stays the same. NO "stability augmentation".

As for the "response curve" - it is a bit up to the personal preference and hardware used. If you have a full yoke, you may want to go with "linear" (= a straight line, proportional displacement). The "less travel" your control device has (the shorter your "stick" :lol:) the more "curve" I would add to the response.

That way you retain relatively fine-grained control (steering surface displacement per stick displacement) near the center position, but still have full deflection when you cram that stick to the stop (like in very gusty conditions or a wake encounter).

Cheers, Jan

On 4/18/2020 at 10:03 AM, Litjan said:

Hi Jaime,

the old "configuration" pretty much stays the same. NO "stability augmentation".

As for the "response curve" - it is a bit up to the personal preference and hardware used. If you have a full yoke, you may want to go with "linear" (= a straight line, proportional displacement). The "less travel" your control device has (the shorter your "stick" :lol:) the more "curve" I would add to the response.

That way you retain relatively fine-grained control (steering surface displacement per stick displacement) near the center position, but still have full deflection when you cram that stick to the stop (like in very gusty conditions or a wake encounter).

Cheers, Jan

Hallo Jan,

Thanks for your input. I am using the Saitek (Logitech now) X52 Pro and a bit of non-linearity towards the centre seems to help as the travel of this stick is about 30 degrees left/right. I believe the 737 yoke goes past 90 up to 100 degrees?

4 hours ago, ktomais said:

Is there a nullzone setting for XP11, I haven't found anything so far.

You can "tweak" your response curve accordingly - basically drag it all the way down to "0" around the middle point - that way a slight deflection will yield no response -> null zone.

Cheers, Jan

• Like 1