Smartcopilot

birdy.dma

Yesterday I tried smart copilot for the first time and with the IXEG 733. We used 1.0.7 and 1.4.5 with weather. It worked brilliant! Thank you so much for creating this awesome config file!!

When taking off, our speed tapes didn't work. After disabling this failure in the failures menu everything worked fine. Is this a known bug with smart copilot because we both had failures turned off? Are there other known limitations with 1.4.5.?

Once again, keep up the great work!!

This has been a problem I've battling for a while now and didn't notice a resolution in any other post: any ideas on how to get trim to stop adjusting all the time in flight on the slave machine? It's mighty annoying and it's just fractions of an inch off from where the slave wants it to be. We don't adjust it by mouse, only joybuttons.

2 hours ago, skiselkov said:

This has been a problem I've battling for a while now and didn't notice a resolution in any other post: any ideas on how to get trim to stop adjusting all the time in flight on the slave machine? It's mighty annoying and it's just fractions of an inch off from where the slave wants it to be. We don't adjust it by mouse, only joybuttons.

Does this occurs with the 1.4.5 file? Autopilot or  flying by hand?

Edit: i have found something. if i am right, i will publish something tomorrow (12 H zulu).

Edited by birdy.dma

I have been testing the 1.4.5 cfg with version 1.0.7 Ixeg 737, and it's working great. 

However, I've been struggeling with the speed on the mcp. it flickers between 001-and whatever the max is. 

Have anyone else stumbled upon this issue?

Edited by olejorgen

16 hours ago, skiselkov said:

13 hours ago, olejorgen said:

I have been testing the 1.4.5 cfg with version 1.0.7 Ixeg 737, and it's working great. 

However, I've been struggeling with the speed on the mcp. it flickers between 001-and whatever the max is. 

Have anyone else stumbled upon this issue?

Better or worse?

4 hours ago, birdy.dma said:

Better or worse?

Thanks for the quick reply, will try tonight. Important detail: it only happens on autopilot. My guess as to what's happening is that if in manual flight, only side (master) commands trim updates, so everything is fine. But when in autopilot, both master's and slave's autopilot is trying to adjust trim independently and do so inconsistently, which results in the trims fighting on the slave's side (being fed both the master's and its own autopilot's trim inputs). I don't know if it's possible to define in the smartcopilot.cfg, but I'd say to fix this, all one needs to do is disable elevator trim syncing once autopilot is engaged. Then, once autopilot is disengaged, trim is again synced.

Ok, so I have tried a flight now. Sadly, the speed bug problem occured again :-( 

The bug occures when I arm the autothrottle before take off. This time, it flickers between 014-and something else.

P.S. Usually it fixes itself when I disable VNAV on approach.

Edited by olejorgen

6 hours ago, olejorgen said:

Ok, so I have tried a flight now. Sadly, the speed bug problem occured again :-( 

The bug occures when I arm the autothrottle before take off. This time, it flickers between 014-and something else.

P.S. Usually it fixes itself when I disable VNAV on approach.

I did a successful long flight with the 1.4.8 (post 1 updated just now).

Is anyone else here experiencing problems with the legs page? I ask that because everytime I fly with a friend of mine the legs pages are not synced correctly and so one person always has discontinuities in the flight plan that the other person doesn´t have. When he then tries to delete them, everything is fine for him but I get other discontinuities. Also the next waypoint as displayed on the FMC legs page is different for us two (using 1.4.8 and 1.0.7).

1 hour ago, K4bel123 said:

Is anyone else here experiencing problems with the legs page? I ask that because everytime I fly with a friend of mine the legs pages are not synced correctly and so one person always has discontinuities in the flight plan that the other person doesn´t have. When he then tries to delete them, everything is fine for him but I get other discontinuities. Also the next waypoint as displayed on the FMC legs page is different for us two (using 1.4.8 and 1.0.7).

1- Same AIRACS (same provjder, same cycle).

2- If you load a coroute flight plan, you must have the exact same flight plan in both folders.

3- The pilot entering the flight plan is too quick, and/or his computer is much faster than the other one (+ internet lag): the exec light was enlightened in one cockpit only when the pilot entering the route hit on exec.

4- Our sim is perfect for a crew of 2: cross check (see pictures), and hit exec only when your receive exec ready or something else from your copilot.

5- In the 1.4.9 zip are procedures i  have printed and hooked. I use them with success. 

2016-07-10_17h12_03.jpg

2016-07-10_17h13_11.jpg

@birdy.dma I am curious why you have turned off syncing of fuel and radios in your smartcopilot file?     Seems like you would want to sync the ixeg values at a minimum if not the flight model ones?

sim/flightmodel/weight/m_fixed = 0
#sim/flightmodel/weight/m_fuel[0] = 0
#sim/flightmodel/weight/m_fuel[1] = 0
#sim/flightmodel/weight/m_fuel[2] = 0

#sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_bat_amp = 0

#ixeg/733/fuel/fuel_1_kgs[0] = 0
#ixeg/733/fuel/fuel_2_kgs[1] = 0
#ixeg/733/fuel/fuel_3_kgs[2] = 0

#ixeg/733/fuel/fuel_1_pct = 0
#ixeg/733/fuel/fuel_2_pct = 0
#ixeg/733/fuel/fuel_3_pct = 0

Also why have you opted to sync joystick user preference settings?  

sim/joystick/joystick_pitch_nullzone = 0
sim/joystick/joystick_pitch_sensitivity = 0
sim/joystick/joystick_roll_sensitivity = 0
sim/joystick/joystick_heading_sensitivity = 0
sim/joystick/joystick_pitch_augment = 0
sim/joystick/joystick_roll_augment = 0
sim/joystick/joystick_heading_augment = 0

13 hours ago, jsnapp said:

@birdy.dma I am curious why you have turned off syncing of fuel and radios in your smartcopilot file?     Seems like you would want to sync the ixeg values at a minimum if not the flight model ones?

Also why have you opted to sync joystick user preference settings?  

About fuel, the custom datarefs are tied with the 3 fuel cursors and the Apply Settings button. As for the 2 karts, and any other items of the popups, we have no datarefs and/or commands to synch them. In fact, even stock fuel datarefs could be deleted, as they are in my last file. Only payload (sim/flightmodel/weight/m_fixed = 0) and CG (sim/flightmodel/misc/cgz_ref_to_default = 0) are synch frome master to slave.

You can enable the fuel datrefs, open your fuel and payload tabs (X Plane), and move the cursors: payload and CG are OK (as joystick settings), fuel will flicker for the slave between the values of the master and its own values.

Remaining problem with fuel: the custom dataref of fuel flow does not match precisely (despite stock dataref is OK), After a long flight, there is a little difference with the predictions (probably a fast PC vs a slower one).

sim/joystick/joystick_XXXXXX: Not mandatory. I generally fly as master, my settings are saved with xassign, so i am sure that both pilots have the recommended settings by the devs.

Claude.

Hi everyone, 

I recently purchased two licenses to fly the IXEG 737 with a friend.  All working well except that I see this out of my right windshield.  My friend sees the same on his end.  It's as though the aircrafts are not aligned perfectly.  We are using Tunngle to connect, also using the config file from the forums for the IXEG.  The gray is from my friends aircraft, he sees mine gray as well.  I wrote Roman and he suggested I'd ask you all -- Any help is greatly appreciated!! -cb

049cc1ad-33db-4be8-ad3d-26246792018c.png

Hi cloudybox,

Do you fly online?

Have you something enable in the multiplayer tab of X plane?

24 minutes ago, cloudybox said:

Hi everyone, 

I recently purchased two licenses to fly the IXEG 737 with a friend.  All working well except that I see this out of my right windshield.  My friend sees the same on his end.  It's as though the aircrafts are not aligned perfectly.  We are using Tunngle to connect, also using the config file from the forums for the IXEG.  The gray is from my friends aircraft, he sees mine gray as well.  I wrote Roman and he suggested I'd ask you all -- Any help is greatly appreciated!! -cb

049cc1ad-33db-4be8-ad3d-26246792018c.png