Check this YouTube channel

4 hours ago, Livershed said:

Lots of things that seem not to be simulated in our 737?

Not really. See the first comment in the video by Jan. Anything further would be potentially included in the "not in 1.0" list, which is freely accessible in these forums (I have not watched this video in full). I also notice they are running 1.0.0 and not 1.0.1

Judging by the comments I've read by the guy behind this video, I'd say he's extremely pleased with the product. This was a comment he just made elsewhere:

"I love it. So much so I've chucked away 3 days of editing the 777 Cadet Course (which you know, pays the bills) to get Jonny in, do a flight and then edit it all up. And not even a crappy fast edit but with many of the bells and whistles of Airline2Sim full fat course! I've got some suggestions that would make it easier to use, but I'll save those for the forum..."

That said, I'm interested by your word of "our." I cannot seem to find a purchase record for you, or a matching activation. Could you please provide your order number? I also note you have signed up with a fake e-mail account. I have a hunch as to who you are, and the troll vibe is strong in this one based on your only three posts here.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

18 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Not really. See the first comment in the video by Jan. Anything further would be potentially included in the "not in 1.0" list, which is freely accessible in these forums (I have not watched this video in full). I also notice they are running 1.0.0 and not 1.0.1

Judging by the comments I've read by the guy behind this video, I'd say he's extremely pleased with the product. This was a comment he just made elsewhere:

"I love it. So much so I've chucked away 3 days of editing the 777 Cadet Course (which you know, pays the bills) to get Jonny in, do a flight and then edit it all up. And not even a crappy fast edit but with many of the bells and whistles of Airline2Sim full fat course! I've got some suggestions that would make it easier to use, but I'll save those for the forum..."

That said, I'm interested by your word of "our." I cannot seem to find a purchase record for you, or a matching activation. Could you please provide your order number? I also note you have signed up with a fake e-mail account. I have a hunch as to who you are, and the troll vibe is strong in this one based on your only three posts here.

He is not the only one "Extremely Pleased" I have stopped using "Prepar3d Who" 

• Upvote 3

Ixeg team has done an outstanding job with 737cl it is defently a game changer and not just for xplane. I do feel as I felt before watching Jan's videos that they will make somenting unic in terms of simulation and in regard to bugs they will be solved I'm more than sure. It is the best plane and I will use it a lot!!!  Will fly as well Saab become I love than plane too ;) The rest of what I have bought and have in my hangar will have to stay there until they can get close to what ixeg is offering.

My b-day is today and I got ixeg on first day of release, outstanding present for my flying experience in xplane!

So one glas of wine I will rase for the ixeg team and the most outstanding dedication and passion fir 737cl it is such a unic product for xplane that we all finally can enjoy!!!

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Cameron said:

That said, I'm interested by your word of "our." I cannot seem to find a purchase record for you, or a matching activation. Could you please provide your order number? I also note you have signed up with a fake e-mail account. I have a hunch as to who you are, and the troll vibe is strong in this one based on your only three posts here.

@Cameron Why would he need to provide an order number to form this opinion? It's a broad statement I know but your request for an order number and revelation about his lack of purchase is not something of interest to anyone reading this thread. If you know he's trolling, lock the thread and just move on.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

@Cameron Why would he need to provide an order number to form this opinion? It's a broad statement I know but your request for an order number and revelation about his lack of purchase is not something of interest to anyone reading this thread. If you know he's trolling, lock the thread and just move on.

It is of interest to me and the team providing support going forward with his posts. He said "our," implying he has purchased. I can find no such purchase record.

My questioning is not affecting you. Please do not attempt to derail this with such a silly debate. My questioning is fully acceptable here!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If someone hasn't bought the software, then their opinion of it is meaningless to me for sure.  I could care less what a speculator has to say.

I could only stomach 33 minutes of the second video, the cockpit setup vid.  I wanted to slap the non pilot if he said "cool" one more time....LOL!  That video series seems like a good concept, but poorly executed.  The 737 pilot seemed to espouse company policy, as standard operating procedure across the board. 

In the 33 minutes I did watch, the only thing peaked my interest was the comment that the master caution with recall is there to alert the pilots to items that are not directly in their field of view. 

Tim

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

51 minutes ago, Tim013 said:

If someone hasn't bought the software, then their opinion of it is meaningless to me for sure.  I could care less what a speculator has to say.

I could only stomach 33 minutes of the second video, the cockpit setup vid.  I wanted to slap the non pilot if he said "cool" one more time....LOL!  That video series seems like a good concept, but poorly executed.  The 737 pilot seemed to espouse company policy, as standard operating procedure across the board. 

In the 33 minutes I did watch, the only thing peaked my interest was the comment that the master caution with recall is there to alert the pilots to items that are not directly in their field of view. 

Tim

Haha, I agree it can be a bit cheesy to listen to but they do go over some good points. Jonny covers a lot of the questions I get asked all the time by the sim world. It gives a good insight into a current UK airline that operates a lot of classics and follows 97% of boeing SOP's.  

Shifty

Edited by Shifty

10 hours ago, Tim013 said:

Tim

Ouch. Well, sorry we gave up our Monday afternoon to bring you a free training product and it's a pity you missed out on dozens of amazing tips on how to fly your IXEG that the other 7000 people who watched it now know. Our thousands of happy Q400 Cadet and FO series customers love our execution. But you can't please 'em all! 

Edited by Benweston
  • Upvote 7

9 hours ago, pcartier1960 said:

Great video production! I also have their Q400 P3D series I love the humor it makes it fun and informative to listen to. (those poor nuns that took that flight :))

Very kind, thank you. We firmly plan to do a full series with the IXEG in due course. Jonny quite fancies throwing into Chambery for the circle to land. Will be fun to see how it compares to doing it in the Q400...

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Tim013 said:

I wanted to slap the non pilot if he said "cool" one more time....LOL!  

Haha, was it taken too lightly for your liking? :D

Personally, I think it was great! No cold, mechanical voices telling me to flip that switch to get fuel pumps running. As I said previously it was not only informative but also a joy to listen to, becuase it sounded like two friends just bantering about some interesting topic with each other. I would love if they did a full course like they had with Q400, becuase it seems like a superb thing. 

So I would say that it's on the contrary, it was executed spot on. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Morrigan said:

Haha, was it taken too lightly for your liking? :D

You know what, I think you hit the nail right on the head.  I guess what I expected was a short first flight of the day scenario, from cockpit entry, to shutdown at the arrival airport.  I was hoping it would be more procedural, as in going steadily through the checklists, with some "how and why" comments on the less obvious items thrown in.  More straight forward, and professional, and less kitschy. 

I'm glad 7K people watched it, because I'm sure some effort went into creating it.  For me, it's not worth the time investment based on the style of presentation, and it's certainly nothing I would pay for, but that is my personal opinion.  I'm sure others feel otherwise.

Tim

• Downvote 3

20 minutes ago, Tim013 said:

More straight forward, and professional, and less kitschy. 

But... I don't think it was ever meant to be a PROFESSIONAL COURSE video. It's just two folks talking about a plane, just a "first look at an addon X" type of thing. 

So, I see where you are coming from, but it's like taking a bite off an apple and saying it's nasty for not being a grape. 

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, Tim013 said:

You know what, I think you hit the nail right on the head.  I guess what I expected was a short first flight of the day scenario, from cockpit entry, to shutdown at the arrival airport.  I was hoping it would be more procedural, as in going steadily through the checklists, with some "how and why" comments on the less obvious items thrown in.  More straight forward, and professional, and less kitschy. 

I'm glad 7K people watched it, because I'm sure some effort went into creating it.  For me, it's not worth the time investment based on the style of presentation, and it's certainly nothing I would pay for, but that is my personal opinion.  I'm sure others feel otherwise.

Tim

No problem friend, different strokes for different folks. We spent 3 days making this. Our 777 Cadet Training Program will take two people three months to make, with 22 videos in total. All for the cost of a couple of pizzas from Dominos.

This was Jonny - a friend of mine - coming round for an informal, off the cuff flyabout in the 737, which we pushed out totally for free. It was never intended that anyone would pay for it. Yeh it's kitchsy, but it's fun. People like it, the views have gone off the scale and I've had dozens of emails from folk saying how much they learned from it and more importantly from die-hard P3D users asking how to get into X-Plane. 

But when your 2 hour long, fully procedural, serious, totally professional, in-depth training video flights with your 737 pilot friend go up on Youtube do let us know, so we can let you know what we think. 

Edited by Benweston
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Benweston said:

But when your 2 hour long, fully procedural, serious, totally professional, in-depth training video flights with your 737 pilot friend go up on Youtube do let us know, so we can let you know what we think. 

Hahahahaha..... Please, don't be so sensitive, this is just the internet.

Unfortunately, I don't have a 737 CL pilot friend, so, it looks like your "off the cuff flyabout" is as good as it gets for now.  Thanks for putting it together for the community, and good luck with your series.  

Tim

Thanks for the free vid A2S, I liked it.

Who wants a dry video of someone reciting checklists that you can get out of some POH.

At that point you're better off just getting the manual. Different people have different learning styles and I appreciate the way you guys present. Most  airlines have slightly different procedures and equipment so nothing is as cut and dry as that detractor would have you believe.

Their vids cost about as much as a pizza, if you're spending 75 bucks on a virtual aircraft why not get a video or two to learn how to fly it and get some enjoyment from it?

• Upvote 1

What I liked about the video was that the Pilot wasn't nerdily obsessed with checklists and procedures, but clearly spoke as someone who flew for a living. It was entertaining, truthful and free!!!! IXEG are clearly on the case with the few anomalies so I'm not worried about that. This Aircraft is fun... I like the BIG LOUD NOISES and the general feeling of it being alive. The load manager/ preflight is simple and quick, I hate loading a Simulated plane seat by seat and messing about for hours before I can get in the air but it's also not simplified in its systems. 

Tim013, are you a Banjo player? I pass the time on long flights by playing tunes on my Gold-Tone. 

P.S. and I have to say, the cockpit is a work of art by anyones standards.

Edited by Domestos
  • Upvote 1