IXEG 737-300 Classic My Milestone

Defiance_co

Hiya's,

Got X-Plane 10 in December just gone

Any new sim/game i head for hardware upgrades if needed before spending on software 'goodies'

Besides a newer gpu i seem all set for a few years now hardware-wise :)

So the above being the case, i have figured out the HD mesh, airports scenery and about all items to bring the eye-candy up to my liking, so i was zubbing around in some great freeware/donate-ware planes, finally mastered doing route plans with simbrief etc, had a ball the past month after sorting hardware failures, just flying routes enjoying the clouds and scenery below

When the news of this plane release came about, i knew i had to have it, waited n waited (UK timezone here) , got it, love it, hard to learn, love it, but i do like to learn and hate easy games or sims, love it, ohh and a love it lol

Not being a rl pilot or even a modern-sim hardened user (AH my last sim i was addicted to (WWII era)), most can imagine coming from a basic fms/fmc however you want to call it supplied with the great free/donate planes it's a sharp learning curve regarding the one in this beauty

I can almost do a cold n dark off by heart now

My milestone is ............. will mean nothing to most though so you can laugh if you want :)

I am now flying the Babe (nicknamed after My Babe fiancee) from LEIB to EGLL, ok it's a direct route nothing fancy, but at least i'm starting to get to grips with all this compexity

And all i can say is i am chuffed, and will stick with it until i master the whole flight plan experience

So if any noobs like myself feel disheartened about the learning curve, just stick with it, you'll get there in the end

As i alt/tab into the sim, i am now passing clouds long my 6 with nice hills below, all in hd v3 which is yummy

Still amazed at x-plane 10 and of course my first payware plane :)

Cheers

Tony

• Upvote 2

Sounds like you made the right choice!

I went through too many payware planes not satisfying me the way this plane does already :)
The sounds, the cockpit quality, the way the systems work and all the little things to fiddle around with make this pretty damn perfect in terms of immersion.
Speaking of Learning curve, I guess for a "newbie" like you, yes the learning curve might be steep, but it's so much more rewarding after you get things right.

I just love all the flight prep the same I love flying this plane. Figuring out a route with simbrief, save the whole flightplan as a pdf and save it on my dropbox so I can view it on my tablet, getting in the sim, prepare the plane, punch in all the values, take off and fly. It all comes together perfectly in the 737-300 for me.
Now I just need to get back into Vatsim so I'm not alone all the time flying around. B)

Really looking forward to where the Team will bring us with the 737!

Cheers
Ben

Edited by xm10922
  • Upvote 1

Hiya,

Well now my headset is fixed i can watch and listen to the YT vids Jan did :)

So hopefully later i'll have a short euro flight full-on cold n dark and take in the scenery on a 'proper' flight plan

The immersion factor is just magnificent

Still stuningly amazed at the plane hehe

A tablet is on my to-buy list after a newer gpu

I got a Navigraph sub for 12mth and i got to grips with simbrief a while back, so all in all i've just got to get the sequences correct and use my noodle and i'll get there :)

Ahh, i have dropbox and rarely use it, that's a good idea about saving a pdf, i'll try doing that also

Cheers

Have Fun

Tony

There was a thing going by Samsung when you bought a Galaxy S6 Phone you get a Samsung Tablet for free...
Now we don't use the Tablet at all so it became my dedicated flight plan Tablet...it's put to good use now!

Yeah using the Dropbox to easily share files over multiple Devices at home is quite usefull and easy to do!
I put all my charts and flightplans there because I only have one screen, saves paper and keeps things organized.

I actually just learned about Simbrief when Catstrator was Streaming the 737.
I used EFASS before but that's not as good in terms of routeplanning as Simbrief is! I also love the Simbrief Feature to validate European Routes so you know that the Route is 100% real.

The other thing I try to use for every flight is projectfly.co.uk
You can track your routes flown with it. Is quite interesting to see over time which places you've been flown to and so on.

• Upvote 1

Hiya Ben,

Well, watching jans video #1 LNAV and VNAV, err well, no wonder i wasn't mastering flight planning lol

I was skipping a step :( hehe

Now all seems good, just got to transfer the steps jan did into a flight i want to do, to make sure i've grasped all the method/sequences etc

Then repeat/repeat/repeat until i can do it without idiot notes by me :)

Simbrief i've used since january, have also other sites but i do like simbrief

Read a post earlier with a mention of 'real world flight planning database', i googled and found it, so that's gone into my flight planning favs folder lol, seemed ok for a quick looksee

project.fly i will try and find after food

Take Care

Thanks

Tony

• Upvote 1

Hey Tony,

yeah you won't be going anywhere with LNAV and especially VNAV if the FMC isn't programmed right, hehe :)

Here is a screenshot from project fly from yesterday. I was turning towards ILS Runway 24L at EDDF when the AP captured the Localizer and I forgot to turn the Course Knob for course 240. Plane turned left and I had to do a go around.

All documented on project fly:

zwischenablage02vhjbo.png
It also serves as an online Logbook and you can see other users routes and track their flights.

Good thing we don't have to pay for fuel to fly the bird :D

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Heya Ben,

I just did the very same thing, didn't adjust the course knob for EDBC lol, my excuse this time ......... sorting food :P

Still, i'm getting there now :)

So much fun it's scary !

After food i'll take a gander the site in detail

I know now what i was doing wrong, amongst many other things i guess lol, i was trying to add a 'via', so of course this stumped me until finding how to choose a sid :) Dohh !!!

All thanks to jan and his vids :)

Well i love to learn, so it's just a case of keeping at it until it's second nature, rome wasn't built in a day as they say

Thanks

Tony

EDIT : I am doing EGLL -> EDDF, so far so good she's following the route, getting to like the scenery instead of battling dials/gauges/switches :)

Almost at EDDF now, so i'll keep my fingers crossed

Tony

Edited by Defiance_co
added text
  • Upvote 1

I cracked it !!!

Just did KLAS KSAN

Short n sweet run

I remembered to tune to 275deg for the landing approach lol

Went manual for landing, was way too fast, but, i didn't end up much past the runway tarmac and was short of water, a ditch/drainage cut i think it is hehe

Now for a longer route to keep me learning :)

Tony

• Upvote 1

Last post for this ..........

I dunno whether to carry on laughing or start to cry lmao

KSFO KSEA

For some weird reason i decided to try to see if i could use heading to do a quick sightseeing tour around the bay, got a bit sidetracked

Went awol without pausing the sim, came back thinking nothing about it, was way out to sea !

Back on course so now i know i can use heading whwner i want without messing things up

Well, fiancee watching the lovely scenery/clouds on final to ksea

Master Alerm went off, franticly checking i see Fuel light on, instantly dawned on me my sightseeing detour had used quite a lot of fuel !! Dohh

After several master resets i got electric light up

Dang it, if i didn't run out about 3nm from the rwy hehe

Ohh well, was frustratingly funny

Next run, no sightseeing for me roflmao

Tony

EDIT : Forgot to say fiancee was willing the old bird to glide but alas even her profanities weren't enough :)

Edited by Defiance_co
added text
  • Upvote 1

Hiya's,

Rodeo, i came across a YT vid on the MS FS History/Evolution, seems i had that in 1986 FSII and used an Atari ST500 (i think it was) , been simming on/off since then, but got into SH sub series mostly, ohh and FA/AH online for many years also lol

Heya Rutger, i will look for those, i might be wrong, but i might have some but maybe not installed (checked and nope i aint got em lol, last weeks dead hdd had 75% of all my saved x-plane files :(

For the Helo, well, i blame her she blames me, my saitek setup got dumped not long before i found x-plane lol (i am 99% sure it was her) so i grabbed a cheap (here in the uk for a change !) a Thrustmaster Hotas X or name to that effect, alas, the latency or whatever is too slow for helos, i do love flying them but it's too much of a pain until i get another top notch setup, though i still have my ch pedals ! (too big/heavy a box for her to throw out by mistake i guess :P )

My last Road Map ugrade wise is ... GPU (bet many like me are saving and waiting for releases !) Waterblock for said gpu / Warthog Hotas or alike i think

Cameron Rutger, i'll go chase misterX's items down :)

Thankyou All

Have Fun

Tony

7 minutes ago, xm10922 said:

MisterX Sightseeing Tour:
PAJN -> KPDX -> KSFO -> KLAX -> KSAN -> KPHX and back to PAJN, that's quite a good tour :)
His Sceneries are the best!

Don't forget the fantastic KAVX scenery! Although you probably don't want to go there in the 733 :D

I would pick a GA aircraft friom KLAX during a break. :)

Edited by mgeiss
  • Upvote 2

Hiya's,

Well i do have his items, i'm just checking i have them all, which i very much doubt

The KSFO bridge etc i could just circle around that all night lol

One drawback, to keep my ini in order i tended to rename rars and contents so they arrange as they should in the ini, case of checking contents so this is gonna be fun (not hehe)

Cheers Guys

Tony

ps : Ben, i'm allouta refs, i catch you on the flip ;)

Edited by Defiance_co
added text