Unable to download hotfix

BfrancyFly

Good evening!

I'm having a problem with the update process of the IXEG 737. 
I've loaded the plane and used the hotfix code in gizmo to start the download, sometimes it stops at the beginning (requesting hotfix manifest) sometimes it arrives at the 20th files and then it stops. 

Can someone help me? 

I have already tried to reinstall the aircraft. 

I have noticed that in general X-Plane 10 slows my internet connection even if it isn't downloading anything (I have a good download speed) to the point that I can't watch a video on youtube at 480p  while I'm using XP but I don't know if this is related with the gizmo problem. 

Thank for your help in advance

It sounds like your machine is running very slowly.

What kind of frame rates do you normally get when using X-Plane?

Can you provide any more information about your computer?
What kind of CPU?
How much RAM?
What kind of video card?

If possible, try reducing your rendering options.
This should increase your X-Plane FPS and the breathing room your computer has to perform its tasks.

Giving your computer more time to complete its tasks should hopefully allow the HotFix system to complete its job.

• Upvote 1

Hi Ben!

This is my pc:

i7 3770K @4.4 Ghz with 16GB RAM, GTX780Ti 3Gb and WIN 10 64 Bit. X-Plane runs smoothly (30-40 fps with medium-high settings). 

EDIT: I have tried to reduce the rendering option and download the hotfix but the issue is still present.

Thank you again for your support

Francesco

Edited by BfrancyFly
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, BfrancyFly said:

I have noticed that in general X-Plane 10 slows my internet connection even if it isn't downloading anything (I have a good download speed) to the point that I can't watch a video on youtube at 480p  while I'm using XP but I don't know if this is related with the gizmo problem. 

Francesco,

Please send an e-mail to support@x-aviation.com referencing this thread. :)

• Upvote 1

On 24-4-2016 at 6:07 AM, signmanbob said:

The list is very small and certainly no problem for me, except for scrollwheel support. I really would love to have this for this Classic. Please, please move it up on the priority list.

Thank you,

Bob

Fully agree with this!

To rotate the knobs is very annoying. Precise control is impossible

Regards John

On 27.4.2016 at 6:48 PM, Jovabra said:

Fully agree with this!

To rotate the knobs is very annoying. Precise control is impossible

Regards John

But turning your mousewheel like a sick freak is´nt? ;)  it can be even worse tbh. But i guess it comes down to personal preference .. as allways.. :)

Also, stop using long drags when it's time to fine tune.  When your close, let go of the knob, then reposition your cursor on the knob, then do the final fine tune. 

Scrolling is much worse.  Try some of the Carenado offerings, and you will start to get carpal tunnel syndrome on your index finger from all of the scrolling.....LOL.

Tim

• Upvote 1